Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoe
Beginner July 2024 Flintshire

Wedding timeline

Zoe, 21 of March of 2022 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi everyone!
I’m just finding out how complicated it is arranging suppliers and trying to decide on a wedding timeline for the day.
Bit of info - ceremony and reception at same place (reception in outdoor marquee)Instead of a traditional wedding breakfast I’m having antipasti platters on each table and a large dessert table to help yourself to.In terms of planning the rest of the day around this, how does this sound:
12.30pm guests arrive 1pm Ceremony1.30pm canapés / photos3pm “wedding breakfast” - platters and dessert table5pm speeches 6.30pm evening guests arrive (lawn games provided / possibly aerial acrobatics)7.30pm southern style bbq 8.30pm first dance / cake cutting 9pm Band (60min set) until 10pm, 20-30min interval and then 10.30pm-11.30pm set. 12pm Wind down / home (many of the wedding party are staying in on-site accommodation)
I don’t want people to be going hungry or bored between things.

3 replies

Latest activity by Musawo, 22 of March of 2022 at 13:08
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would possibly extend the photo and canapés by half hour and shortenyour meal. As soon as ceremony is done you will want some time to greet your guests, say 45 mins, then an hour or so for photos. As you are not having a sit down formal meal you don't really need 2 hours so could start that at 3.30 and push speeches to 5.30 so you still have 2 hours. speak to your venue as they will have an idea and know what time they need to turn around before evening do, I would have evening start at 7 to give you time to freshen up
    Also having your evening food so early will likely mean your day guests won't be hungry as they will have just eaten, and eve guests tend to have ha a snack beforehand so maybe do first dance and cake cutting at 7.30 and have food boight out at 8.45 to 9 ish before the band.
  • Zoe
    Beginner July 2024 Flintshire
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you. Just realised the formatting on the “timeline” changed and made it very difficult to read.
    I didn’t even consider time to freshen up so thank you for that!
    My concern was having food too close to band time and feeling like dancing having just eaten would make people feel sick (me especially)
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I think you will be fine pushing it out a bit, if you do it early though you run the risk of some people not wanting to eat as they had the other food and then they will be hunfrier later on. I would push food to 8pm, then you will have time to let it settle a bit before the band

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics