Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious July 2023 North Yorkshire

Wedding timings?

Emma, 1 of April of 2023 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello,

Looking for some advice and what people think of my timings for getting ready on the big day!

The ceremony is at 2pm, had hair and make up trials (two different people doing hair and make up) Makeup lady has asked to go first, so we are thinking makeup 10 till 11, hair 11 till 12, then some time to hopefully relax, get into my dress and be ready for some photos at 1?

Does that sound reasonable, I've overestimated time. I've got two bridesmaids who will need hair and makeup but we will arrange those around my timings.

Its so hard when you've never done this before to figure it all out..

Any help or advice much appreciated, many thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Jake69, 4 of April of 2023 at 12:38
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would say you can go later, you done want your make up sat for hours before the ceremony. Your mua will also want to touch up just as you leave so you could end up paying her to sit around. The best thing is to ask them what they think as they will know best. Het them to talk to eachother and come up with a plan
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Hello so really your MUA and hair stylist should be working together to sort the timings and they are both usually working at the same time. So one will be doing someone's hair whilst the other is doing someone else's make up.

You need to be ready an hour before you head to your ceremony.

So for me my bridal parties hair and make-up is starting at 6.15am. I leave for the church at 12.30pm, so we all have to be ready for 11.30am.

The bride usually goes in the middle for both hair and make up. I have 4 bridesmaids and my mum also having hair and make-up, so I will go somewhere in the middle.

My hair stylist is speaking to my MUA to arrange the timings and will give me the schedule about a month before the wedding.

I would not go any later! The worst thing on the morning of the wedding is for the bride to be rushed. This hair and make-up has been designed to last all day, so don't worry about it not lasting. Also it is common practise for the hair stylist and MUA to do touch ups before they leave. They should stay until you are in your dress and have had touch ups. This should already be factored into the quote, as reputable MUA's and hair stylists, will only book 1 wedding a day. So don't worry about any extra cost if they are waiting until you are in the dress.

Have you had your trials yet? 1 hour for hair doesn't sound like enough to me. My hair took 3 hours to prep and style. 1 hour is usually enough for bridal make up. Again, this is where your MUA and stylist should be arranging timings, as they know how long they need and should arrange with each other how it will work on the morning.

• E
    Curious July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Thank you both for the replies.

The MUA & my hair dresser as they are both booked out to me until the ceremony starts at 2 (I've known both a long time so have no worries about any other weddings etc)

I've had trials and both were approx 45 mins which is why I allowed for the hour. I am having a very simple bun in my hair so nothing too complicated and same for make up really.

Both bridesmaids have had trials as well, but again we are keeping it quite simple and as they are only quite young (more flower girls) so make up isn't needed for them.

I am probably over estimating time but I like to be well prepared and organised, I'll be the only bride who is probably too early for her own wedding Smiley smile

Thanks again...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics