Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsG2B28.7.12
Beginner July 2012

Wedding toast?

MrsG2B28.7.12, 30 April, 2012 at 19:55 Posted on Planning 0 6

Just wondered if anyone is providing their own alcohol for the wedding toast as I have know idea where to start with champagne/ sparkling wine! I don't normally like champagne as I find it quite dry and know that it isn't normally that popular so don't want to spend loads on something that won't get drunk. I am debating getting a sweet sparkling rose would that look cheap?

I can also recommend sainsburys atm for anyone buying wine for with the meal, they have 25% off if you buy more than 6 bottles and they have half price blossom hill signature rose normally £9.95 and now works out at £3.75 a bottle.

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsG2B28.7.12, 3 May, 2012 at 19:31
  • firefairy
    Beginner June 2013
    firefairy ·
    • Hide content

We just bought several cases of the signature rose for our wedding!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Champagne not popular?! ? I LOVE real champagne. We aren't serving it however due to cost so are serving a very nice cava instead. Prosecco is also a lovely alternatively. Generic sparkling wine will be fine as well. I think most folks just appreciate getting a free glass of bubbles.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Champagne is an acquired taste as you say can be quite dry so maybe try a prosseco as they tend to be a bit sweeter (and cheaper). Or Rose Champagne usually does down well.

Alternatively why not have kir royale or bucks fizz.?

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Our package with the hotel for the reception included the alcohol for the toast. I think it depends on the venue, some will include it, some will not.

• smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

I can't stand champagne! (or cava, or prosecco, or rose!) We always have Martini Asti instead, sweet, bubbly, and fairly cheap!

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I agree champagne is defiantly and acquired taste just too dry for my liking! I might get Asti or Blossom Hill sparkling (mainly for the colour).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics