Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire

Wedding Transport

Emily, 27 of October of 2021 at 15:23 Posted on Planning 0 9
Hello,

I'm currently having a dilemma with transport.. my venue is probably about 40 minutes to an hours travel with motorways. I'm struggling on ideas to get myself, dad and bridal party there. So there will be around 8 people in total.
Our wedding is quite a rustic theme in a old farmhouse. I dont want a limo, they're not my thing, neither is getting multiple old vintage expensive cars!
Any ideas would be appreciated!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 9 of November of 2021 at 16:00
  • Keira
    Savvy August 2023 Staffordshire
    Keira ·
    • Hide content
    I've had the exact problem but have decided to get a 6 seater vintage car for myself, step dad and bridesmaids. But I have also look at a small wedding bus which are also amazing. There are wedding camper vans etc also. If u didn't want to do the whole 'special car thing maybe look at a wedding minibus they normally come with drivers. Xx
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh lovely! I will look into this xx
  • Keira
    Savvy August 2023 Staffordshire
    Keira ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem hope you find something you like 😀🥰
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Is there a room at the venue where you can get ready -- if you first do all of the hair and makeup at home and will just need to put the dress on and touch up. That way you just travel in a normal car with Dad and the rest of the bridesmaids can also do that same. If all the work is done at home then you will not need the usual kind of space. I have shot plenty of weddings this way where the venue dose not actually have any accommodation but another room was made available. Also consider sitting on your dress for 1 hour and getting it creased - is it a summer wedding - you are going to need air con which a vintage transport will not have.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue is an hour away and I didn't want to worry about my dress and traffic so we have found a little cottage that we are renting nearby the night before, would that be an option, or a hotel? Our ushers will be packing up stuff as we go along and we have got a late checkout
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I didn't think about renting a little cottage! We can stay at the venue but it's limited rooms and we're getting married on a Sunday so i don't want to take the rooms from someone else! Definitely looking into this! Xx
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    Great suggestions above about rooms and other accommodation. If you end up looking for transport though, I’ve seen some really funky options available- vintage buses and even fire engines!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is but we have to pay for the night before. I don't want to take up the rooms as we're getting married on a sunday so will be a wedding the day before.

I've also had it set on that me and my (soon to be) husband will stay there for the first time.. probably a bit odd but i've got that in my head! Smiley smile

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes definitley. I love all the vintage vehicles - fortunlatley my Fiance comes from a line of firefighters... his step dad owning a fire and rescue company so he has access to them but not sure i want one at my wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics