Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April-Bride
Beginner April 2011

Wedding Umbrellas - are you/aren't you, if so where from?

April-Bride, 7 December, 2010 at 12:17 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hi All,

I know it's something we'd rather not think about, but I've decided that if it does happen (I don't want to say the words in case I jinx it) then I ought to be prepared. As you can tell from my username I am getting married in April which really could swing one way or the other, I'm hoping for brilliant sunshine like it was this year.

So my question to you all is: are you buying wedding umbrellas? and if so, where from? I'm hoping to get one for myself, one for each of my bridesmaids and one for mother of the bride, but not sure if we need a few extras lying about for odd bods.

?

25 replies

Latest activity by SoontobeMrsSSmith, 8 December, 2010 at 11:18
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Check with your photographer and Wedding Car Company if you are using them before you buy any as they usually have them ready!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We aren't bothering.

We're getting married in a licensed venue, my b2b will be upstairs getting ready and just walk down the stairs and into their function room so there's no "outside" necessary.

We also won't need any for photographs because, let's face it, if the weather is that bad then we aren't going to be out there anyway so having an umbrella won't make the slightest bit of difference!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

As Sherrie says.....

If you want to buy any though try Pure-Treats

http://www.pure-treats.com/Umbrellas2.php

• April-Bride
    Beginner April 2011
    April-Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Sherrie, you're a genius! I didn't even think about the photographer or car company having them. I will give them a call to find out!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My car company and photographer has them, but they will be with me, so I was thinking of buying a few big black golf brollies for my Groom, Best man and 2 ushers.

I was going Ebay all the way.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I have bought three umbrellas, a white, a pale pink and a dark pink of this:

I am getting married in August. We will use them for their intended purpose if it rains. At the very least, if it's sunny, we will have some photos with them. And even if people don't really want to be hanging around outside during the day if it's raining, there is always that little gaggle of tar-ridden, coughers who might need shelter from the rain for short intervals. So we are going to stick them in the venue umbrella stand at night with a sign saying something like "Gimme shelter".

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ For the Love..... I am loving those brollies! Can I be cheeky and asked whether you found them cheaply? The ones i've seen are £22.99 each and for something i'm hoping won't be used, I didn't want to pay that much either.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One point to consider is that the car may well be dropping off the bridesmaids before returning to pick up the bride. Do ensure that any umbrellas are available in the event of rain in this situation. The photographer may at this stage still be with the bride, specifically if she is running late(which they neveeeeeer do......?)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kayl,

I bought them form this Ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Large-Love-Heart-Umbrella-Rain-UV-BNWT-Wedding-Ivory-/260690204696?pt=Women_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item3cb258d818

They cost £52 (inc delivery) for three. He was very helpful, combining postage, making a dedicated listing etc.

When are you getting married?

Edit: sorry, just had a look at your ticker. You're before me, otherwise, I'd have sold them on.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Peter - my bridesmaids know better than to hog the brollies! haha. We don't want any Barbie hissy fits on the wedding day now do we.... lol

@ FTLOMrs Brown - I still didn't want to pay that much (I am too tight) and thats a few nice bottles of champers! hehe. Will keep searching ebay.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I was looking at this at one stage but just like AJ if its going to be bad we wont be outside and we are all getting ready at the venue

but did have my eye on personalised ones on ebay (Hitcher recommended) cant post the link but they are still on ebay item no. **** £12.99 +PP

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

If it's raining (touch wood it wont be) I will still be venturing outside for Pics with a brolly as there is one specific photo I want under a tree in our church that both my parents and grandparents had when they got married in our church years ago.

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I used to have about 6 clear umbrellas in my car... Somehow they keep getting stolen by cheeky Bridesmaids! ?

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

I am panicking about rain on my day in June. I have an outside ceremony - eek!

I looked at hireabrolly.co.uk - Didnt seem too expensive..

x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I did see a friend of mine had a Clear brolly from Primark for a couple of pounds.

We don't have a local primark to Milton Keynes (other than London) but might have a peek before the end of Winter.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Babelfish translation:

I have just got back from buying lots of new synthetic underwear and high fashion items from my favourite shop called Diamonds and Pearls. I'm a loyalty card holder here as I've bought my clothes from them ever since I was little. Once you get over the static, it's all good quality stuff.

Unbrellas, blah, blah, blah.

**disclaimer - Please don't shop here, I don't want them to sell out of the gold sequinned hotpants I've got my eye on!**

?

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

If the worst happens I will just use normal brollies, everyone has one in a cupboard so I can probably borrow them - I really can't be bothered to colour match the brollies! I am impressed with people who can!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

He he, only joking. It's amazing what you can find in shops like that.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I will probably get these for me and my Bridesmaids - Ivory Parasol

They will look pretty good for photos even if it isn't raining.

• G
    Beginner February 2011
    goody51 ·
    • Hide content

Our car company will have a few ivory brollies, but I plan to buy a few off ebay, or maybe just hire them from the florist. Really do need to think about things like this soon!!

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

I saw some lovely ones in Debenhams at the weekend, they were £25.00. They were very nice and even came in a plastic protective casing. I thought about it but then remembered the car company saying they have them already stored in the car just in case.

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from a company called Ear and Rascal Umbrellas - if you google them they'll come up. They have bridal ones in ivory but I got a purple one to tie in with the colour theme plus I can use it again!

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my brollies from New Look - just simple ones with pretty patterns. About £6 each. Cheap as chips!

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I feel I'd be tempting fate to get an umbrella, but the nicest one I've seen was an ivory Victorian style umbrella and it just looked so weddingy.

I came across a company on google who hire them (sorry lost the contact now) but it was just £10.00 for weekend. They post it out in a tube, you post it back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics