Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2016

Wedding underwear

Mrshappygirl, 30 of March of 2016 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi Ladies ?

Another underwear related question.. I have my bra all sorted - ultimo ivory low back bra which I am SO pleased with, it is super comfortable (for a strapless bra) looks very bridally and i love it. I have yet to purchase anything to go with it..

Are people wearing beautiful underwear in the hope it will be seen later on.. are you going for comfort/ support or a bit of both?

I don't know whether to go for a beautiful thong, suspenders etc to put on later, big granny pants, spanx, all of the above, none..! Help! Any recommendations grately received ?

30 replies

Latest activity by Miya, 14 of July of 2022 at 13:37
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for pretty knickers from Boux Avenue. They have some really pretty ones without sacrificing all comfort with a thong. Not bothering with suspenders etc as I know we will be waaaay too tired to bother with those!!

x

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, will have a look! Yes - I know I will be too.. maybe for the honeymoon instead!

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I can't wear a bra with my dress due to the back being low. I'll be wearing a very attractive pair of comfort shorts on my bottom half to stop my thighs rubbing together, not Spanx as they don't smooth/hold anything in, they're just like big knickers with some mid-thigh length "tights" attached.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what bra as I have a giant bust so it will depend on the dress!

However it will be comfy pants. Probably giant comfy pants. I'm a big fan of granny pants haha! And my OH has seen them all before so if he still wants to marry me after them then it won't surprise him on the wedding day if my pants are bigger than my dress!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? love your answer!!!

I'm torn! granny pants are indeed so comfy.. but I absolutely love pretty underwear, it always makes me feel prettier! stupid huh.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Comfort definately. I always had this mental image of annoying underwear driving me insane all day and my dress didn't need a bra so it was cotton granny knickers for me. My dress was also tight so if I had worn suspenders and one pinged open I had no chance of re fastening it without removing the dress!

If you go down the comfort route you can always save the nice undies for later Smiley winking.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

My current plan is some kind of hideous anti-chafing shorts and no bra or stockings. Then hide in the bathroom and change into something presentable later on. I'll have a hoop under the dress so will have the delightful net petticoat situation going on which would ruin the effect of any nice pants underneath anyway!

Classy and elegant on the outside, secret granny underneath. But no one has to know that Smiley winking

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go for comfort in the day and then change into something slightly more attractive in the evening. I find M&S pants really comfy so probably a pair of their Brazilian knickers.

I am all for comfort!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies!!!! I am swaying towards comfort now!

Good point about the petticoat, I am wearing one too so very true that you would never see anything pretty anyway! I am up for stashing something in the bathroom just in case! brilliant idea ?

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I haven't bought my underwear yet but I think I'll go comfy and then buy some sexy ones to change into. you don't want to have a wedgie all day!

I don't need a bra because my dress has built in structure. However I kind of want a bra for a bit of added boost. But my dress is low back so was thinking about trying some of those little cup/chicken fillet type things on with my dress. Has any one got an experience of these or any recommendations?

Don't think I'll bother with suspenders etc as I have a big dress and will be hot enough as it is! One of my friends got married commando!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for comfy and sexy lol lacey pants and suspenders with stockings but the pants aren't skimpy they're shorts type. I've not got a bra as can't wear one with my dress.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for some good old M&S seamfree pants! Don't think I could handle a wedgie walking down the aisle! I probably won't even change later on as I fully anticipate that my new husband and I will have barely enough energy to get up the stairs to bed let alone any shenanigans - will just have to save it for the honeymoon ? Lol!

I'm having chicken fillets sewn into the dress for a bit of a boost, will be speaking to my seamstress about it in a couple of weeks.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Comfy granny pants during the day. Luckily will need no help with peeing so no one will know ?

The wedding night will be pj's and wine. Maybe a bath too, fully expecting to be knackered so comfort wins.

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

I love this! Pjs, definitely!

I haven't given much thought to underwear yet, but my biggest issue is I hate white underwear! I'll probably pick something lacy and pretty, but comfort will definitely win!!

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is your dress quite well lined? Generally speaking, you have so many layers of the dress and petticoats that you don't HAVE to wear white undies - any pale colour should be fine.

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

I want a corset as my dress is strapless but very fitted to the waist, almost like a 1950's shape. I still haven't got one yet though and for the evening/night I have a agent provocative corset, very similar to one beyonce wore in her Best Thing I Never Had video. It should of been £400 and got it in sale for £50.

• H
    Beginner May 2016
    HappyBlueConfetti257 ·
    • Hide content

I've loved this conversation! So funny!

I've bought my bra and knickers from B by Ted Baker in Debenhams, they are a bit of silk, a bit of lace, and the knickers are the Brazilian kind and very comfy, I bought a few pairs to take on honeymoon too. The bra has removable straps and whoever is helping me get my dress on has to just push the back bit of the bra down a little otherwise it'd be seen, I hope this will be ok. I've kind of gone for a comfy/sexy balance as I'm all for comfort, then if the underwear is pretty at the same time, that's a bonus!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a good compromise.. Comfy sexy!

Pjs will be definitely going on straight after, my fusband wouldn't expect any less!!!

The search is on, will have a look in Ted Baker Smiley smile thank you!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I have they are comfy aren't they. I bought the suspenders not the bra. Still feel a little exposed in them as they're see through on the back lol

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I don't do thongs lol I have a big butt and don't want to forever feel like I have a wedgie that needs removing lol!! I will be going with comfort I think but also to look ok, I will be wearing Lacey knickers the shorts style ones, they are my favourite and so so comfortable, and the bra will be whatever strapless bra I can get that is supportive enough Iv never had a strapless bra before so Iv no idea on a good one but after 4 kids I seriously need the support lol!!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm sold on the idea of going commando haha! One less thing to buy!

Justkeepswimming - I've got one of those stick on bras (not for the wedding but just for a dress I have) and I like it. It's got no back strap and just sticks onto your sides. It feels a bit strange and I've never worn it for more than 5-6 hours but it works for that long. I have small boobs so need a bra to give me any!

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought about Ted Baker but will definitely be checking that out!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I'm comfy all the way! Will be painful enough with a head full of pins, face covered in slap and heels I can barely walk in Smiley tongue

I have a £4 nude strapless bra from Primark and a pair of nondescript black granny pants - so my underwear won't even match! Ha ha.

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I had a strapless spanx bodice which worked as a bra and seamless flesh boxer briefs (similar spanx material). The bodice came off half way through the night after all the photos as it got way too hot but I needed it for photo's etc and also after the meal (I have an intolerant reaction where I puff up and look 6 months pregnant and was terrified of this happening on the day!).

I would go for comfort more then anything else its a long day and your most likely to collapse on the bed and sleep then anything else. I did buy nice underwear for the honeymoon tho.

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely underwear for the honeymoon is definitely a good call! I'll stop fretting for now, have 4 months after the wedding spent twiddling my thumbs to look!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I specifically got a dress with shoulder covers as going strapless would mean a strapless bra- and I feel so saggy with one ?

I've never been for a bra fitting before (!) so I'm going for one just before my first fitting and will buy myself something pretty but basic- I'm thinking of getting something with see through straps, as I have sheer material on my shoulders and don't want to be able to see my bra straps.

I then might opt for some nice white french knickers for comfort - and style ?

I'm saving all my 'blow your mind' stuff for the honeymoon.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Huge, big, high waisted, arse-covering pants! But they are ivory, and from Boux Avenue's bridal range, so they will be a bit nice to look at I think (to me, anyway).

• Pinkpeterpan
    Beginner August 2016
    Pinkpeterpan ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought the Ultimo fuller bust backless body! A pretty ugly and not very sexy contraption! I always wonder what sort of bride wears something sexy under their dress. Most of them seem to not look very practical. I'm pretty lucky to have found something that will support my G cup, suck my tummy in and be backless. It's not the best fit but it's as close as I'll get to something suitable. I'll save the sexy underwear for honeymoon. X

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I won't be wearing a bra with my wedding dress because it's got built-in support. My plan is to go for some nice undies and stockings from Victoria's Secret, then I'll put something sexy on for underneath my reception dress and maybe get something nice for the staycation we're having immediately after the wedding. Our honeymoon is going to be in 80% humidity and 40degree heat, so it's not an option to save the sexy undies for the honeymoon.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

Just something to be aware of - my friend recently got married and she wore crotchless underwear and said it was fantastic for going to the loo!

Not sure I'd wear crotchless underwear but thought I would share.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics