Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2017

Wedding veils £££

lyn-lyn, 19 of February of 2016 at 19:01 Posted on Planning 0 8

After now deciding I want a veil I went to have a look today. The one I really liked and will match my dress perfectly was a 72" double tier with a few diamonties scattered on it. Although it was really nice I was shocked at the price of £225. Is this the norm for such veil or should I look around more bridal shops, look for a plain one or revise my budget of £100-£150. Thanks X £

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 21 of February of 2016 at 17:07
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

It does depend a lot on the quality of the veil and whether components are stitched or glued on and the quantity and type of embellishment. There is a lady on Facebook (Pink Margaret I think), who makes them for very reasonable prices, perhaps she could do a copycat of the veil you love for a much better price?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

You might want to check on Ebay or wedding recycle websites for pre-owned veils. I've also seen a few American websites like Rent the Runway that rent bridal accessories, including veils. I don't know if there are UK equivalents but it's worth a search.

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I would highly recommend pink Margaret on Facebook. I wanted a single tier fingertip veil with sparkle, it was £148 in the bridal shop but £38 from her, she's very helpful and my veil is beautiful.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

The veil that goes really well with the dress I love is £259, I've not ordered the dress or veil yet but i'm definitely going to take a look at pink Margaret now, thanks ladies!

• Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

Id also say if u can get to one of the national wedding shows tbey offer some massive savings i go my veil for £40 and should have been £180. That was with ivory and co

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    MrsWTobe9 ·
    • Hide content

I have a floor length veil with scattered crystals from the weddingveil shop.co.uk it was half the price or th ones in the shop and I love it. Defo recommend x

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I was shocks at the prices too. Originally didn't want a veil but after trying some on I now want a full length! The one I liked in the bridal shop is £300 though!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I got my cathedral length veil from eBay. £17! And it is beautiful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics