Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Wedding Veils by Margaret... ***UPDATE in OP***

Mellow_Yellow, 22 of September of 2011 at 12:25 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi Ladies,

Have any of you used her? She just sent me out some samples, but it feels a bit scratchy. Is this just because it's a small cut off sample? How was the feel, quality, etc?

TIA x

***veil has arrived, it is absolutely gorgeous - I thoroughly recommend Margaret to anyone*** email: ****@*******.*****.**.**

30 replies

Latest activity by Bowski, 30 of October of 2011 at 20:20
  • looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I haven't used her, but I ordered a sample from the wedding veil shop. I only received a small square sample too with about 3 or 4 layers, if that makes sense. I ordered samples of diamond white and ivory, I felt the ivory was too yellow/cream but I need to take the sample along to the shop and compare with the ivory of my dress. My memory tells me the ivory of my dress was quite a light shade. My initial thought was that they looked very netted IYSWIM. I figure however that most will be of same quality, and I don't want to pay the prices charged in bridal shops £150 upwards. £50-£60 is my budget...

I might get a couple of samples from some other websites just to compare though.

What kind of veil are looking to get?

I'm swaying towards a fingertip length with 3mm satin edging with scattered crystals and pearls....

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I got my veil from Margaret. Its absolutely gorgeous. Soft, floaty, not cheap looking at all !! I showed it to my BM and then told her how much it was, she couldn't believe it! I'd highly recommend her x

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly what you mean about the samples feeling scratchy - and looking a bit too netted, but i think its just because as you say, its a small piece and you're almost conentrating too much on the detail of that one piece. I will be ordering from her after my dress fitting next month but have read lots of good reviews to give me confidence in her product!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Chapel length, white, 3mm or 7mm satin edging with scattered crystals

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There were two types of material that she sent, and one is softer than the other, I think I would go for that one.

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Mellow_Yellow

Is Margaret a HIB on here? Do you have her website address or email?

Thanks

P.S whats happening with the Glasgow meet up? has it fallen by the wayside/too difficult for people to agree on a date etc?

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

I would like to know how to get in touch with Margaret too please. I am absolutely not paying the prices my bridal shop is charging for a piece of netting!

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I didn't get samples from her, just ordered straight away so can't comment on the samples sorry. But also, forgot to mention, the reason I was showing my BM was that she brought round her veil which she bought from a bridal shop 2 years ago for about £110 as was going to see if I wanted to wear it. When we compared the two, the one from Margaret was actually nicer than the £110 one!!! Think I paid £31 as I have diamantes scattered on it!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I give up, I don't think people are that interested ☹️

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

This is a link to her ebay page. She only has one veil on there because she custom makes each veil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pink_margaret2005/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Twists ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Twists...very reassuring. ?

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

I used her and actually bought 2 veils as I wasn't sure about the length that I wanted, both for under £50.

I think I would say it is at 95% of the softness of a shop expensive veil, but 100% of the style and quality of stiching etc (I had a satin edged veil). For me it was worth compromising a tiny bit on the softness and paying a lot less.

None of my guests noticed, and when I told my cousin she was amazed how cheap it was!

A couple of photo's of the one she made for me:

Sorry about photo sizes

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Anne - can I ask what edging that is, is is 3mm? or larger?

PS: your dress is stunning!

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Hello, i ordered mine from margaret a silk tulle one with swaroski crystal edging and i love it its elbow length and i thhink its stunning. it was pricey though but well worth the money.

Karina xx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to everyone who commented. I happened to be in a wedding shop today that does both bridal and groomswear, as H2B was looking at kilts. I felt the quality of the veils there, and believe that Margaret's were much softer than that particular shop had to offer. That reassured me even further, and I have gone ahead with an order from Margaret today.

I'll report back when I receive it, but I'm sure it will be perfect! x

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thanks MY, sorry only just picked this up as I've been away - To be honest I never thought to ask the question when I ordered it from Margaret, so maybe it was just the standard size she does - Let me know if you would like me to measure it tomorrow?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Anne, thanks for the offer but I should be alright. I emailed Margaret a pic of the veil that I tried on in the bridal shop (£485), and she is going to replicate it for £69! I think she is able to judge the length, edging, etc from the photo - thanks again!

• NickiK
    Beginner April 2012
    NickiK ·
    • Hide content

I read this thread last week and thought 'I must reply to this when my veil arrives'! It arrived this week and it's absolutely lovely, I can't recommend Margaret highly enough. I had tried on a veil in the dress shop at my dress fitting, and loved it, but it was £180 and there were a few things not quite perfect about it.

I sent a photo to Margaret and she has copied it exactly but improved the things I wanted changed - she also corrected me when I said it was cathedral length (as the shop had told me), she could see from the photo it was actually chapel length. She also suggested crystals rather than diamantes as she said diamantes can show up as black spots in photos, because of the silver back.

She sent me samples and some of them were softer than others, but the colour that matched was one of the 'scratchier' feeling ones - I asked her about it and she said they do feel much softer when it's a whole veil - and I can absolutely back that up, the complete veil feels very soft, easily as good as the one in the shop! It feels even softer after hanging it up for a day or two to let the creases fall out.

Margaret emailed me back and forth about five times answering my questions, she was really helpful and gave me really detailed answers, then kept in touch to let me know when it was ready (only 2 weeks!) and the whole cost was only £69, for a cathedral length, scalloped pencil edge veil with a blusher layer, and crystals all over the long tier. And the veil itself is absolutely lovely, really good quality and the edging is incredibly neat and the crystals are beautiful!

I really recommend her to everyone!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

It sounds fantastic! i have my 1st fitting in 4 weeks and will be sending her some pics! i think i'm only after an elbow length but will try a few on with the dress to get a definite idea! can't wait!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Nickit. I ordered a veil from Margaret & I cant recommend her enough. I sent a pic of me in the dress & she gave me advice on length, style, whether to have crystals etc etc. She even advised against more crystals based on my dress (even though it would have been more money for her). Fabulous veil & honest lady! She answered emails within 24hrs & was very reasonably priced, even offering to take the veil back if I didnt like it!

She sent samples based on the colour of my dress. As she only had 2 tuelles in that colour (diamond white), the choice was a little limited, but one was finer than the other & thats the one I chose. The final product was much nicer than the sample.

Margaret should really be a HIB on here with the amount of times I have recommended her. You could always ask her if she has any other tuelle in that colour to sample, but I wouldnt be concerned as the final product will be wonderful.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I got my veil from Margaret on Friday it's beautiful. It's elbow length and very soft it has loads of little crystals on it, it's so beautiful and lovely I'm so happy with it and it was only £21.

• C
    Beginner May 2012
    charliechicken ·
    • Hide content

I know someone posted an ebay link for Margart (Pink_margaret2005) but I just wanted to make sure this is the right person as there was only one veil listed on Ebay. Does she have a website or an email address I can use to contact her.

Thanks!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I believe she only lists the one veil as there are so many variations possible her listing would be huge! I think if you contact her she will do you a customized one

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

See update in OP

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic! Do you have a flash?

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

This is a pic of me in my veil by Margaret (it's not a great pic of me but shows the veil off)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics