Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Wedding venue!!!????

ExpensiveIvoryConfetti583, 12 of August of 2016 at 00:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everybody. So I'm newly engaged and keen to start my ball rolling on booking a venue. I have plenty ideas in my head but finding somewhere to suit them is proving difficult! I stay in Stirlingshire, central Scotland and I am looking for a rustic outdoorsy type wedding. A marquee I think as I am thinking of a march time wedding. I would love picturesque scenery in the background. I am only looking to have 23 day guests followed by a maximum of 80 in total at night. Does anyone have any good ideas for venues? I'm really struggling! I really don't want to have a commercial type wedding but I'm struggling with venues. Thanks in advance! Xx

3 replies

Latest activity by ConcreteCowBride, 16 of August of 2016 at 23:05
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

No ideas for that area but congratulations and welcome to hitched ?

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Given you want a March wedding a marque would be freezing or very expensive to heat I live in North Scotland and although a bit chillier generally there is snow up this way in March!

You might be able to find something similar in a good village hall, there are a lot of beautiful halls in the smaller villages generally you can't find them online very easily but if you draw a map of acceptable distances and take a drive to try and narrow it down. Afraid I only know the venues up this way but you will be suprised by the beauty of them and typically the smaller village ones come with outside space too :-)

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Gean House? That's our venue! You would be able to get married outside (weather dependent) and the gardens are gorgeous! The website doesn't really do the venue justice so I'd definitely recommend going to see them.

I didn't want a typical hotel wedding and Gean House really ticked all our boxes - it's gorgeous, within budget and we get the whole house to ourselves! The website is http://www.geanhouse.co.uk/ and they are in Alloa.

EDIT: I should also have said that they have a maximum capacity of 70 days guests and up to 120 at night. So they will be able to do your wedding without feeling like you're in a massive space.

• C
    Beginner September 2017
    ConcreteCowBride ·
    • Hide content

The Cow Shed in Crail in Fife looks lovely and has amazing countryside and sea views. I think you can hire the different parts depending on how much you need.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics