Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brandon
Beginner June 2025 Tyne & Wear

Wedding venue advice

Brandon, 28 of February of 2024 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 3
I was wondering if anyone could help clear something up. I'm planning on getting married next year, I want a pagan wedding as I am pagan. I need somewhere outdoors and that's hard to find on here somewhat locally. My question is can you literally get married any where? like do you need a designated venue?

3 replies

Latest activity by Brandon, 29 of February of 2024 at 21:28
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

In England, it needs to be a licenced wedding venue. In Scotland, I think you can get married anywhere.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

RGS27135 is correct. You will need a licenced wedding venue or do the legally recognised wedding at a register office a few days before then the pagan handfasting can be done anywhere.

I have shot a pagen ceremony which was held in the hotel grounds woodland area. The civil ceremony was held first in the hotel venue with the registrar and then a short drinks reception then whilst the bride and groom went off to change into their robes the guests were then lead to the woodland area by a shamanic drummer.

As this was a pagan ceremony the couple wanted very low key photography so everything was photographed very discreetly from a distance with key moments recreated afterwards.

So all you need is a venue that allows a civil ceremony that has a nice suitable area for the pagan part, if you want everything in one place that is.

• Brandon
    Beginner June 2025 Tyne & Wear
    Brandon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cheers peeps, kind of clears my mind and narrows it down a little

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics