Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2026 Kent

Wedding Venue… book or look

Sophie, 26 of October of 2023 at 22:29 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all, recently got engaged and got straight to planning because we are so excited (especially me!) we don’t plan on getting married until 2026 but really want to get a venue booked in far in advance. I had one venue in particular in mind from seeing it on Instagram and have fell in love with it! We viewed it at the weekend and was able to put our date on hold for a week however we need to decide if we want to go ahead and put the deposit down or risk loosing our date. I’m in two minds as I absolutely LOVE the venue but it’s the second venue we looked at the first being an open day of a venue near by but we instantly didn’t like it.
Will we regret booking our venue so quickly without having the chance to experience looking around others or do we just go for it… we both love it and I have no doubts about the venue more so will we regret not having the experience of getting to look around etc.
Any opinion and advice welcome🥹🤍

4 replies

Latest activity by Brooke, 15 of November of 2023 at 10:07
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    We fell in love with our venue immediately and it was the second one we viewed! They had good availability so we felt confident to view a 3rd place which we didn't like as much. It was about 6 weeks between us viewing the first venue then booking our venue. However we were not fixed on a particular date which it sounds like you are.
    I'd say make a list of what you want in a venue and for your wedding. Also ask friends and family for recommendations. That will help you decide what you really want. And try and view one or two more places. Remember that attending another wedding or event in a venue can count as a viewing 😊. We're almost in 2024 so 2026 is not too early to get booking stuff. Good luck!
  • Vicky
    Savvy July 2025 Essex
    Vicky ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Congrats!!

I knew the venue i wanted from seeing it online. we went to visit this year in March (Wanted 2025 wedding) and it was even better in person so booked and was not many dates left for 2025. So if you know then book, if you are a tiny bit unsure then shop around.

Good luck xx

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    If you are 100% sure it is your venue then book it. My only advice would be the not get caught up in the excitement, as hard as that is, and book on adrenaline. Make sure you have considered the logistics for your guests and the facilities are what you want, if there are hotels nearby etc and if you are happy then do it
  • Brooke
    Beginner May 2026 West Yorkshire
    Brooke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is good to know! We have recently got engaged and have said it’ll be 2026 when we get married, I was worried that it was too early to start booking stuff but I suppose time will also fly by!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics