Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Wedding Venue in Norfolk

claremlondon, 24 September, 2012 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0

Help!!!!!

My partner and I are really stressing out trying to find a wedding venue in Norfolk. We have been to lots of venues but we like something at each venue but not found the perfect venue that has everything in one place. We like barns and marques but most venues in Norfolk we have found charge between £5,000 and £6,995 ust for the venue in August / september 2014 and we are on a budget but want a special day. Has anyone got any ideas or venues they have either been married at or been to a wedding that you could recommend?

Thanks Clare?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    luru_e ·
    • Hide content

Hi Clare. Where about in Norfolk are you looking? We struggled a little to find a venue too around the Kings Lynn area. Two of our favourites were The Red Barn just outside Downham Market and Kings Lynn Town Hall! The Red Barn is absolutely stunning inside and also has a marquee attached so you have two spaces for the wedding! We felt the outside space was a little disappointing though as it is on a working farm so there were farm buildings and houses very near by. I believe for next year July/Aug it was £3000-£3500 to hire the barn and this gave you access to it from Friday afternoon to lunchtime on Sunday.

Kings Lynn town hall is a totally different venue where as part of the hire you get the large stone hall and what I can only describe and Edwardian type room where you have the wedding breakfast and disco. The hire charges were done on an hourly basis, we worked out the it would cost about £800 to hire for an 8 hour wedding reception and 4 hours set up time.

Both venues allow you to bring in your own caterers etc, so after the hire fee it really becomes as expensive as you want to make it. However, I would say that both options would be a lot of work on the bride and grooms part as the emphasis is on you to get and organise all of the suppliers (which is what we wanted).

Unfortunately, I can't really offer any ideas for other areas of Norfolk as we have only been living here for a year so haven't had to attend any weddings here yet.

Luru ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics