Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Venue Negotiation - Post Deposit!

Alipops1986, 23 June, 2012 at 20:33 Posted on Planning 0

Hello Al,

My OH and I put a deposit on our still gorgeous wedding reception venue last December of £500. We still love the venue but having attended a recent event, not a wedding, we have a few queries/concerns/questions.

1. We were told the bar would be 'pub prices' well at the event we went to, it was £5 for a small glass of wine, £4 a pint and £1.50 for half a coke. Not really the pub prices we anticipated, steeper than we thought.

2. We know from the event organiser that they got a substantial discount on the room/food although there weren't that many guests, so we now feel a bit hard done by considering we're paying £2k for the room hire alone.

3. We want to double check certain aspects of where things will be - not a major deal.

4. We are using their in house DJ at the cost of £300, but we also want a charicature etc, which we have to pay £100 handling fee to the venue for on top of the cost for the charicature itself. So, we'd like to negotiate on this.

Basically, I think following this event we went to we feel like we're paying them ALOT of money, potentially £8-9k for our reception and have had little by way of negotiation etc. Do we stand any chance of negotiating since we've already paid the deposit?

Thanks,

Alipops x

• K
    Beginner March 2013
    kay;) ·
    • Hide content

I would definetly try and haggle with them especially since you paying 2k room hire!! and ive never heard of having to pay a handling fee?? i always say shy bairns get nout (but im from up north so you may not get that sayin! ) good luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics