Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2020

Wedding venue size and guests

HappyPinkBridesmaid2878, 11 of October of 2018 at 15:14 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone!

This is my first post as I am just starting my planning and I feel I have found the perfect venue. It is a hotel which would host the whole wedding. It has a beautiful glass pavilion seating 80 guests inside meaning you can be (almost) outdoors all year round.

My issue is I am struggling to keep my guest list below 80 due to us both having large families. The venue has told me to discount small children and have then sit on parents knees during the ceremony. The bonus is that surrounding the Pavilion there are lots of benches meaning you can extend your guest seating outside and the pavilion opens up with sound outside. The hotel will not open the doors if there is rain or high winds, in which case if i go over the 80 seated inside i risk some guests missing the ceremony if they cannot sit outside. This may be about 10 people.

Options:

1) stick to 80 so I know everyone can get inside and not invite close family friends (who are more like family anyway)

2) invite as many as i need to and run the risk of them missing the ceremony.

Our provisional booking is for May 2020 so weather could be ok...Option 1 is safe bet but will cause frustrations keeping guest list to 80. But if i go with option 2 do I even mention the limited indoor seating? I don't know how I would word that some people may miss it if its raining.

Thank you in advance!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You could invite 90 now and sort it out later. Firstly, not everyone will be able to come. Then if you are over when the time comes you could ask a few people to be willing to stand outside if the pavillion is full.
    I reckon if you invite 90 now you'll have a good chance of everything being fine on the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics