Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2013

Wedding venues in brighton

Brightonbridetobe, 13 May, 2012 at 07:43 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hey there wedding people!

So we are looking to get hitched in Brighton next June and are trying to decide on venues both for the civil ceremony and/or the reception afterwards.

Neother of us are keen on a very formal wedding and wanted more of an informal get together / shin dig / party with something like fish and chips for the reception, and few drinks (champers or cocktails) and a dance. We love the idea of some fun pics on and around the Pier, and something just a bit fun really.

We currently live in Sydney, Australia and so we are planning the wedding from 12,000 miles away!

Any thoughts or ideas on possible venues in Brighton would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and look forward to chatting!!

Brighton Bride To-Be

xxx

10 replies

Latest activity by Chickster, 13 May, 2012 at 15:11
    Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

Oooh exciting! Welcome to Hitched! You have a real mission organising it from Australia, are you originally from Brighton?

I live near Brighton, there are some lovely venues, I will have a think and come back to repost shortly x

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I went to a brilliant wedding in Brighton last year at Hotel Du Vin. My friends had a traditional British sea side theme and it worked really well (think beach huts, and deck chairs etc) and had a lovely wedding shoot on the beach and the pier. Hotel Du Vin can do the whole thing - civil ceremony and wedding breakfast or they will just accommodate your civil ceremony if you choose to have your reception somewhere else. The food was really good at Du Vin and as I recall, we actually slightly upmarket fish and chips as our main course! If you send me your email address I'll send you some pics if you like?

You may have looked here already but here is a link to the Brighton Registry Office website:

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1114261

And here is a link listing all of the licensed civil wedding venues in Brighton:

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1163943

If you wanted to really have a beach themed wedding, you can married on the pier!

My best friend was going to get married in Brighton a few years ago and she opted to get married at Brighton registry office (which is quite nice by the way) and then have her reception right on the beach in one of the beach bars. We came to a good deal with the bar owner on food and drink - the bar then turns into a nightclub in the evening so it was a perfect party venue and was quite cost effective.

Hope this helps. Good luck

x x x

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    Brightonbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi and thank you for the welcome..!!

We are originally from Essex and have been living in Sydney for 4 years. All our family are still in the UK hence why we are getting married there. Brighton is just one of our favourite places in the UK so we thought it would be perfect to get married there!

So far all ive been able to find are 'wedding venues' that offer a package with the whole 3 course breakfast, formal thing... we prefer the idea of just finding a place we can hire out to have a party and celebrate, but as soon as you mention the 'W' word, people get crazy and start charging ridiculous $$$..!!

Any ideas would be awesome!!

Thanks!!

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    Brightonbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Chickster that sounds great! Thank you so much! This definitely sounds more like what we're after and we love the seaside, traditional british, beach hut sort of theme!

How do i send you a private message with my email address??

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I don't know! Still trying to figure it out! Email me at ********@*******.*** and I'll send you some pics x x

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I live in Brighton too.

You're pretty much spoilt for choice. A regular favourite for the ceremony is the Brighton Pavilion, mainly because you can get married there and walk to the reception venue.

That's assuming you want to have two separate venues. Many here have an all in one package but it is nice to split venues if I'm honest.

The Brighton Bandstand can be lovely but be careful on the reception venues. The Radisson Blu (The York Hotel) and Hotel Du Vin are a couple of the nicest reception venues inside that I've seen. Book on recommendation if you can't visit them. Avoid the Holiday Inn, The Grand is popular but dark inside. Alfresco on the seafront is lovely to have a reception in too.

Be mindful of parking for your guests though, consider hiring a Big Yellow bus or a Wedding Special from the Brighton and Hove bus company.

Out of the main Brighton area, Pangdean Barn and Stanmer House are more private and peaceful affairs for a June wedding in Brighton.

On my site, (link below), Jo and Keiron had their ceremony and reception at the old ship hotel, Lauren and Peter at Stanmer House, Lea and Mark the Brighton Pavilion and the old York Hotel and lastly Cat and Jamie at the Brighton registry office and Pangdean barn.

Hope that helps for ideas!

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

I know it's madness isn't it, we're getting married in an oast house, they are really flexible with what we can do/ would like, so much better for us than the formal traditional wedding!

What about Brighton Pier?

Brighton Racecourse (although not on the seafront)

Hmm will keep thinking, am sure someone else will come along soon x

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    Brightonbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much! The photos on your site look great and the kind of relaxed style we'd like to go for!

I had considered the bandstand for the ceremony, but i guess im scared of the british weather being so unreliable :-S

One of the other posters on here just suggested Hotel Du Vin and i think i may have fallen in love with it! Just need to check the prices out!

Thanks also for the pointers on travel - one of our ideas was hiring a red bus, but funnily enough we were also thinking of a colour scheme with yellow in it so your idea may just work a treat!

We will of course also need a photographer :-)

Cheers

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Cool, well I have a wedding at Stanmer house and they are taking the Big Yellow to Hotel Du Vin for the reception in a month so, hit me up in about 5-6 weeks and you can see the resulting images for ideas. Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    Brightonbridetobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fantastic!! Ill certainly do that!!!

Thanks Chris!

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Hello again BBtobe!

I've just emailed over a load of pics to you of my friends wedding at Hotel Du Vin. I was very impressed with the slick, quality of service and food provided by the hotel and would happily recommend it as a wedding venue.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Chickster

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics