Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2018

wedding venues in Hampshire

crofty_bride2b, 15 of January of 2017 at 19:06 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all

im new to the forums, first post! I'm looking forward to many discussions here.

Can an anyone recommend or suggest any venues for wedding breakfast and evening do only in Hampshire. I live in the New Forest so would ideally like something over this way.

I have found plenty of hotel venues to look at, but thinking there maybe something a bit different, or somewhere we can hire exclusively.

Thanks in advance. Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeStationery644, 30 of January of 2017 at 16:00
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Clock Barn, Old Thorns, Rivervale barn (lovely venue), Langrish House, The Elvetham (expensive), Lainston House (another lovely venue) Cain Manor on the Surrey/Hampshire border.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

We liked Caine Manor but too far away (we're Dorset based)

Loved Lainston House but they wouldn't cater for our numbers on a weekend day.

Got married at Audleys Wood (Winter Wedding) :-)

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveYellowStationery610 ·
    • Hide content

Norton Park Hotel had a lovely barn and everyone can stay onsite.

Winchester Guildhall was very grand

Elmers Court at Lymington, had some great offers on for 2017 as they had loads of empty weekends. Stunning views there.

Bartley Lodge was lovely for my friend's wedding

I didn't visit it, but I was considering East Close, near Christchurch

The Barn at Gilbert Whites house, Selbourne looked amazing but was too small for us.

Parsonage Farm near Andover looked amazing, but again, too small for us.

Fort Nelson on Portsdown hill is something cool and different. Or the Explosion Museum in Gosport has beautiful vaults.

Horsebridge station is also different and beautiful!

• D
    Beginner June 2018
    DorsetDiasy ·
    • Hide content

Hello! *waves

We are having our reception at the Master Builder's in Buckler's Hard. There are loads of venues in the New Forest and there is a New Forest wedding showcase coming up in March where you can go and have a look.

Off the top of my head some venues worth checking out are Bartley Lodge, Master Builders, Rhinefield House, Carey's Manor, Beaulieu Hotel, The Domus at Beaulieu, Burley Manor (which was our second choice).

• It Must Be Love Wedding Photography
    It Must Be Love Wedding Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's definitely worth investigating more bespoke options that suit you and your fiancé, especially in such a beautiful part of the world! Have you thought about phoning round marque companies and asking which unusual local venues they have worked with? We are on the Hampshire/Sussex border so if you're willing to travel this way, there are places like Tournerbury Woods Cottage right on the beach... Let me know if I can can help with any other ideas x

• L
    Beginner July 2018
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery644 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Hampshire is home for me and theres certainly lots of options!! I imagine you've already looked here but Beaulieu Hotel were really lovely when I looked the sort of place you know you'd be very well looked after.
    A place worth looking is Rownhams House, I think they only do about 13 weddings a year but it gives you an option of somewhere different to everyone else in hampshire! Its about 20 mins from the forest and it would have been my choice getting married near home.

Hope the search is going well Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics