Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Wedding Venues in the East Midlands **Any More Advice??**

daisymoo86, 15 of January of 2014 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any wedding venue suggestions for the East Midlands?

We live in Derby, but would consider further afield, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. Any recommendations greatly received.

So far we have looked at:

Shottle Hall (seems unlikely to be here as to expensive for our budget)

Makeny Hall (seems unlikely to be here as to expensive for our budget)

Twycross Zoo (at the top end of out budget but such a unique day)

Derby Conference Centre (affordable)

Blackbrook House (seems unlikely to be here as to expensive for our budget)

We want a stunning venue, but we may have to compromise on price as we are looking at £6k max for venue and food for 90 guests. It would be lovely if some of the venues we love could come down a bit, but seems unlikely and so the search goes on.

19 replies

Latest activity by MrsG_to_be, 4 of March of 2014 at 20:36
  • Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Langley Priory? It in Diseworth. We look at it, but its to far from our Church and House!

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

How about Peak Edge Hotel in Chesterfield. It overlooks the Peak District and looks like a lovely venue. Or The Priest House in Castle Donington.

Good luck

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Try Donington park farmhouse I have a gallery of past weddings here DoningtonParkFarmhouse And another one to try is Donington Manor and you can see a gallery here Donington Manor both of these are in your general area.

Park farm house Donington Manor

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I got married at park farmhouse. However there is also:

Morley hayes

Horsley lodge

Breadsall priory

Risley hall

Gatehouse hotel

Goosedale hall

Swancar farm

Beeston golf club

Hassop hall

Im sure I can think of more... not sure prices of all of them but the top 3 are within your budget I think.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Donington Park Farmhouse too! We had a BBQ and the meat came from their farm.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Some lovely suggestions there! Will definatley check them out!

Its so nice to get recommendations from people. Really helps with the whole process.

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

Oooh my stomping ground!

We got married last year at Breadsall Priory. Absolutely stunning. They were doing a VERY good package deal if you didn't mind getting married on Sunday.

Otherwise as others have mentioned, Goosedale & Risley Hall are a good choice. Swancar Farm is very popular.

Other places off the top of my head are:

Woodborough Hall

Lumb Farm - Ripley

Cockliffe House Hotel

Bestwood Lodge

Belfry Hotel Nottingham

There's just so many beautiful venues in Derby/Notts area to choose from. Hope that helps

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions people! Definatley a few they we can consider!

Have made appointments to view some of them and shall see how we get on from there!!

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Smithette2b ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at woodborough hall! It's perfect for us and they're in groupon so whilst we didn't go through groupon as the dates weren't any good for us we managed to get them to honour it for the dates we wanted (November so not in peak season)! Basically we got it for £4000 cheaper than we were quoted in our visit!!

There are so many lovely venues around us, Swancar us stunning but is pricey! Horsely lodge and breadsall priory are lovely too!

Good luck! :-)

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

I used to work at Horlsey Lodge so am not really keen to get maried there!

Breadsall could be an option, my nephews christening party was there and it is a lovely place. Not really keen on Morley Hayes as we go there all the time for meals etc so it would be nice to go somewhere different and special for the day.

My mum has found Risley Hall which is another we are going to go look at too now, she also found one in the peaks too called something like Peak Red Lion, can't remember its name exactly. That one seems lovely too.

The Van *** Wharf Hotel which is Chesterfield way seems lovely, but its over budget for us.

There are so many options around!!

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    Sazzle85 ·
    • Hide content

I live in derby too and looked at a few of the venues you have considered! However we have booked our wedding at Ringwood Hall Hotel in Chesterfield...it is breath taking with beautiful gardens and views of the Peak District. They have lots of different all inclusive packages to suit all budgets! We are paying around £5800 for our day and includes room hire, 3 course wedding breakfast for 65 guest (plus we are paying extra for 14 children to attend), top table flowers, red carpet entrance, drinks reception, drink with meal and for a toast, master of ceremonies, evening buffet for 120 guests and honeymoon suite.

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I just thought of another, Rufford mill, it's right next to rufford park with an abbey. My friend had some brilliant pics done there.

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    Sarah_coxy ·
    • Hide content

I had a lot of those venues on my list too Smiley smile

Got married at Swancar Farm in Trowell in October.

It is pricey, but there are ways to cuts costs outs.

For example: we got married on a Thursday, we cut the drinks package and made savings elsewhere to be able to have the day there.

Obviously I'm bias, but it's such a beautiful place. All our guests were so impressed with the place and didn't even know it existed. Highly recommend Smiley smile

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone else got any other suggestions? We are finding it really hard to find a lovely venue at an affordable price.

All help appreciated! Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the Ukranian Cultural Centre on Mansfield Road in Nottingham. I know it sounds a bit random but it's a beautiful building and about the right size for you. I don't know if you can have your service there. Type clawson lodge into google.

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Risley Hall! Beautiful! And they do fab package deals for Friday and Sunday weddings! I'm having mine on a Saturday but was told the other two days are very popular!

xXx

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

We're having our reception at the walled garden in Beeston fields. Our favourite initially was swan car but we crossed that one off the list as soon as the brochure and prices came through - a shame really as it has special memories for me, I used to keep my horse there long before it became a wedding venue!

As it turns out we couldn't have found anywhere better than the walled garden, ticks every box for us and it's just perfect for what we want. We're getting married on a Friday so have saved about £2000 from a Saturday wedding, it was actually the place that gave most discount for a weekday wedding.

Other places that were on out short list were the Nottinghamshire golf and country club, the lakeside tower, colwick hall and the carriage hall.

We also looked into Cockcliffe hall, Goosedale hall and Norwood park. There's also eastwood hall as well, wasn't on our short list though as I used to work there :-)

• MrsG_to_be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsG_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if it's too far away but try Crockwell farm in Northamptonshire. It's a beautiful farm with barn and permanent marquee and you get 2 nights use with plenty of accommodation on site and can have ceremony and reception in same place. High season is £6200 but can get lower for mid week or low season.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics