Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fayface
Beginner September 2015

Wedding venues in the Midlands

fayface, 8 of October of 2012 at 10:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi! I'm searching for a wedding venue, but we have a lot of things to take into consideratio

• It has to be cheap. Like really cheap
  • It needs to be in the Midlands, preferably in/around Birmingham or Leicester
  • We have to be able to self-cater - my family would be heartbroken if I let anyone else cook
  • My friends and family love to party, so we need a venue that's open til -at least- 1am
  • Cheap/no corkage would be an advantage too
  • Preferably plainish decor, I'm not a fan of those patterned carpets that you get in a lot of wedding venues.

I know I'm demanding, but I'd be so grateful if someone could give me some help/point me in the direction of a lovely venue.

8 replies

Latest activity by rubyfirecracker, 11 of October of 2012 at 19:53
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Look for village halls in your area (although you may have an earlier curfew) or local social clubs that could extend the license. Where have you looked so far?

• R
    Beginner July 2013
    RosyP ·
    • Hide content

Hatton Village Hall is lovely

Also, Musmajas, in north Warwickshire: http://www.musmajas.org.uk It's a large hall connected to an OAP home, which I know is offputting, but actually it's really nice, with lovely gardens and a separate entrance to the home. I very nearly booked to have my wedding reception there. It's def worth giving them a call if the location suits.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

My reception was at Hatton Village Hall though, and noise curfew is 11.30pm latest.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Try the Town Hall at Stratford Upon Avon - I think you can party there til midnightish and you can self cater/own wine as well. It's not to overdone on the decor side of things. You get all the exclusive use of the building. Check it out :- http://www.stratforduponavontowncouncil.com/content/civil-weddings

Happy planning Smiley smile

• green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

I know Stratford Town Hall well, the main problem their is the sound limiter, we have had guests set the limiter off before just by singing. This then cuts all power to DJ/ band equipment and then comes back on 10 seconds later.

Depending on how far you are willing to travel to find the right venue - i know a stunning village hall but its about 45 mins south of Brum.

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Golf clubs are normally cheap and self catering, there was one just down the road from our venue.

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

My reception venue is Rowheath Pavilion in Bournville. It has cost us £750 from 9am to midnight. You can decorate how you like, have any suppliers/ caterers you like and it is really lush and vintagey - just like a village hall but with french windows opening onto a terrace in the public park with a lake (there is also ping pong).

Only prob is all alcohol to be bought onsite, but it's not pricey like some venues.

https://rowheathpavilion.co.uk/

• rubyfirecracker
    Beginner November 2013
    rubyfirecracker ·
    • Hide content

Also, the Poachers Pocket in Stetchford is a real nice budget venue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics