Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2014

Wedding Venues that let you have your own caterers

katepalmer, 11 of September of 2013 at 16:18 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello,

I am hoping to get married in 2014.

We are on a tight budget - 5 grand. ( without couting my dress) . My fiances dad is a chef and said he would do our wedding food for free- which is going to save us a hell of a lot of money however i cant seem to find any venues that let you bring in your own caterers, as most venues want you to use the caterers they have and perswade you to have one of their hoerrendously expesnive package deals. The type of wedding I would love is a barn wedding, or a marquee wedding. but trying to do it on a budget is looking doubtful.if anyone has any advice or knows of any venues that allow this, that would be great.

many thanks,

kate

14 replies

Latest activity by lionel taplin, 13 of September of 2013 at 20:23
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts are you Kate?

I'm getting married in a barn in Northampton in 2014 and have chosen our own caterers. It is definitely possible, though barns are very popular at the moment and you may be a bit late for a summer/weekend wedding.

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    katepalmer ·
    • Hide content

We live in yorkshire, hull. but we dont mind where abouts we get married because we have family from london and from the north, so really wherever we get married it doesn't matter about location..we just want somewhere which we like and which is the cheapest we can do. ideally we need a kitchen for my partners dad to do the food in... i found a lot of the barn venues won't let you have caterers coming in and do some food.. where abouts are u getting married?

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tealbutterfly27 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not a barn or anything like that, but does well for a budget wedding http://www.leytongreathall.co.uk/ The bridal suite is lovely and the toilets are amazing. Managed to get it for £1200 tables and chairs included.

Check out the gallery.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You beat me to it!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    katepalmer ·
    • Hide content

Do they allow marquees? x

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    katepalmer ·
    • Hide content

• Do they allow marquees?
  • smoothcrims1
    smoothcrims1 ·
    • Hide content

We've played at Hatton Village Hall in Hatton, Warwickshire. Don't be put of by the name, it's really not like a normal village hall! It's surrounded by fields in the beautiful countryside, It serves as a wedding venue on the weekends. Myself and all the band we're really impressed. As it's a village Hall you can use any caterers you like! Take a look: http://www.hattonvillagehall.co.uk

Cheers.

James.

<a href="http://www.thesmoothcriminals.co.uk">Wedding Entertainment</a>

• M
    marmaladejar ·
    • Hide content

I think you can have your own caterers at Fountains Abbey - you get to use the Hall. Or Newburgh Priory near Coxwold (just off the A19).

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm in Yorkshire too, but West Yorkshire

My H2B's brother is a chef and doing our catering, we're getting married in West Yorkshire, Birstall, Oakwell Hall, the wedding breakfast and reception are in a barn, the ceremony is in the listed Elizabethian Hall, total for venue is £1200.

?

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    katepalmer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

what barn are you having for the reception? - the barn that comes with the venue? I'm having a look now, it looks nice Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    katepalmer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thankyou Smiley smile i will take a look at the venue!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at The Hunsbury Hill Centre in Northampton. Slightly more expensive and less convenient than the one you've been recommended in Yorkshire already! (about 2K incl ceremony fee excl registrar).

• lionel taplin
    lionel taplin ·
    • Hide content

Hallshire.com are a pretty good resource for finding village halls round the country. I would guest that there would be some that allow outside catering, and even have kitchens.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics