Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

aliaisp
Beginner July 2010

wedding video and backing music?

aliaisp, 19 April, 2010 at 10:16 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello all! we're about to confirm our videographer and he says he is going to put background music on the entire wedding dvd, not just the highlights/showreel bit. Is this normal? Not sure if having music all over the dvd will detract from the atmosphere of the day? Or make it seem cheesy?

I've only seen my parents' video and it didn't have music, just the general chitchat and noise from the wedding itself. Music does make it seem more 'romantic' and polished. And the showreels I've seen look great but a bit like a music video? I haven't seen one of his entire videos, maybe I should??

TIA!xx

4 replies

Latest activity by brideseekingblush, 19 April, 2010 at 15:13
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

If you aren't sure then I would ask to watch a full DVD of his to see how it works.

I know we have to provide about 10 songs to our videographer for this same reason so is probably more the norm now?

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, obviously everyone works differently but we normally only have music on our DVDs when there is nothing significantly happening, like prior to the ceremony. Once the ceremony is to begin we record everything that is happening as well as the music played - we do not dub music whilst your taking your vows (only in the highlights of the day we may do that), we might them put music to when you're signing the register - then it goes back to real sound as you walk down the aisle. We may well then put music in the background when the photo's are being done (this might also be to music if there are too many conversations going off all at once!). Speeches are recorded again in full with no music dubbed in the background. All the music is chosen by our clients.

I totally agree with RaeF if you have concerns, ask your videographer to let you watch a full wedding just to give you piece of mind. You can always state to him that you only want music on the bits where nothing significant is happening and not when conversations are key or whilst your taking your vows! Hope that helps ?

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

We have to provide songs for our one, but he sent us an entire dvd (minus the speeches to protect the couple's privacy) and they didn't have them during the vows etc. I think best to ask if you can see a full one, that shd reassure you

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! i really should watch a whole DVD but i'm meant to be off traveling tomorrow (postponed now due to ash, boo!) so might be forced to confirm without seeing one. really left this till the last minute, definitely need to confirm before i leave!!

so sounds like most ppl have music over some bits but the important bits are left untouched? guess that seems a good option xx

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

That's what our's is like. Why not drop 'em a quick line to confirm if you can't watch the dvd?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics