Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BoroKate
Beginner September 2010

Wedding video recording licence

BoroKate, 2 May, 2010 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 1

We are not having a videographer for our wedding but its very likely that a lot of people will want to record on their own cameras. Our church have told us that they need to see a copy of the wedding video recording licence before they allow it but thats not a problem (its only £5).

However our reception venue have not mentioned anything about this to us but if I include them the price jumps to £25. Should I assume that they already have this in place as the disco is arranged through them or just not say anything and hope they don't ask to see it.

Does anyone know whats the worst that could happen?

1 replies

Latest activity by haveagreatday, 2 May, 2010 at 20:17
  • videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi, the licences to cover music at the reception is to cover that being played by the DJ that is recorded and then put onto DVD or any music that you add to it yourself. I can't recommend not having a licence for this as I am a professional videographer who has to abide by a code of conduct and of course copyright laws. The venue won't ask to see your music licence so its a decision entirely for you to make whether you want to get a licence or not, I guess many people in this position wouldn't bother.

What I will say is that some venues may want to see a Public Liability Insurance Certificate which obviously your friends/family members won't have for filming purposes. For each wedding we flim we have to carry ours with us and/or provide the venue with it beforehand but again we are a professional business so it would therefore be expected. As for the worst thing that could happen is that your recorded DVD ends up in the wrong hands and you get a letter telling you that you are in breach of copyright laws and you get a certain amount of time to rectify thiseither by getting permission from the music owner or simply removing it off your DVD. Likelihood of this happening - probably remote but again the decision is yours. x

HTH

• H
    haveagreatday ·
    • Hide content

Hi

if you have wedding insurance you may wish to check your policy or call your company with the question. as i understand the thread, you might have already paid for the public liability.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics