Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Moira
Beginner July 2022 North London

Wedding website

Moira, 26 of May of 2022 at 17:01 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 1
I was happy with my wedding website from Hitched as I could include it on my invitation and put all the details there. Setting it up was relatively straightforward although only having it for 12 months would have meant any images people uploaded to the site would have been lost immediately after the wedding so I paid to keep it. The planning tool behind the site allows you to group and keep track of who has accepted and declined. And you can easily do a seating plan.
The downside is when you want to do any communication to your guests. The facility only lets you choose an email to send an online invitation or chase up an RSVP. I tried to overwrite the chaser and send it to only those guests who were attending the wedding breakfast. But it wouldn’t let me do that. It wanted to send to everyone. Even evening guests. So I aborted that. I got a message the next day from an evening guest with their menu selections (OMG!). I don’t know what happened and cannot see where copies of anything sent would have been filed. Not in my outbox. Rather embarrassed I had to go back and apologise and say there’s a buffet for evening guests.

The tool is limited and there isn’t a manual or video to tell you how and what you can do on the site. The support team take 2-4 days to respond and there’s no helpline. If you’re like me and juggling organising your wedding and working full time that time you dedicate to doing your wedding tasks is critical so I would not be able to recommend the site.

1 replies

Latest activity by Karen, 3 of August of 2022 at 10:58
  • K
    Beginner May 2023 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Karen ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for this heads up; I have just signed up and paid for the full package and regretting it. I am glad to know (sorry for your experience) that everyone gets the emails!!! what a nightmare!

I am thinking I will set up a second free one - just for evening folks then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics