Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Expert September 2019

Wedding Website Builders - recommendations please!

Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 24 of May of 2018 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey,

I'm going to be setting up a website where guests can RSVP and get info on everything from directions to accommodation.

Ideally I'd like a site that I can customise with pictures and backgrounds, a customisable address, add documents that guests can complete, e.g. a simple spreadsheet, and preferably free.

Can anyone recommend a good site to use? I've found a few - has anyone used any of these can recommend using - or avoiding?!

I've found so far:

-GettingMarried.co.uk

-Wix.com

-Mywedding.com

Finally, has anyone paid to upgrade to the premium option that most seem to offer, and is it worth it?

Thanks in advance! X

6 replies

Latest activity by Fireworkandfairylightwedding, 30 of May of 2018 at 09:34
  • E
    Beginner September 2018
    ExpensiveGoldBridesmaid56619 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, we used squarespace for ours. You have to pay but its really easy to use and they have some nice wedding specific wesbite templates you can use.

https://www.squarespace.com/tour/wedding-website/?channel=pnb&subchannel=go&campaign=consumer-weddings-united-kingdom-b&subcampaign=(search-intl-consumer-pnb_wedding-website_p)&source=uk_weddings-b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiNuu3syg2wIVibHtCh1esgCBEAAYASAAEgLtlfD_BwE

You dont have to pay straight away and can just mess around with some stuff to decide whether you like it or now.

Good luck!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the recommendation Smiley laugh X

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

I have used gettingmarried and highly recommend it. I tried tietheknot (at least I think it was called that) but didn’t like it much at all.

Gettingmarried is great though! It’s completely free and you can choose from the set templates to suit your wedding colours/scheme. You can customise with pictures of you, H2B, wedding party and venue and reception etc.

I also really like it because you can create and add any extra pages that you want and remove any that you don’t. We have used ours for extra info and guest RSVP’s (and menu choices) and everyone that has used so far it has found it straight forward (I think - we’ve not had any complaints).

Oh, I also really liked that you can password protect the site (which I’ve done) and even have different passwords for day and evening guests to RSVP with so there’s no confusion (I perosnally didn’t think that was necessary for us though).

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Thanks for the recommendation!

I've started one on getting married now, and it seems to be straightforward so far.

The only thing I'm unsure of is how the food options on the RSVP bit will look, as I can't see how to preview this without setting myself up as a guest, and going through the process.

But the rest of it looks great! We're not gonig to set it live until much later, but I wanted to set it up now so we can tweak it.

Did you use the photo gallery/guestbook function? We're not sure many of our guests would actually use it!

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

I’m happy to send you the link for mine privately if you’d like? I’ve got menu choices on there for the RSVPs so you can see how it all works. Send me a PM if you’d like the details Smiley smile

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Hey,

If you don't mind me having a nosey at your site, that would be fab! Thank you so much Smiley smile

Best wishes,

Terri-Anne

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’ve sent you an email with the details Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics