Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Wedding Websites

Mrs-Riley, 26 of January of 2016 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Hitchers!

Who out of you lot will be using a wedding website? I've heard about them and intrigued as to whether it'll make my life easier...

What do you use them for? Are they easy to use? Who would you recommend to use it with?

Sorry for all the questions- I'd rather hear views from people who've actually used them.

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-Riley, 26 of January of 2016 at 14:36
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

We've set one up on gettingmarried.co.uk. they are a fairly basic style on their but easy to do. We're hoping the extra info will avoid too many randoms Qs from guests! x

• P
    Beginner August 2016
    Potter&Me ·
    • Hide content

We've set up a wedding website, we have found that it's useful for putting full details on, which won't fit on our invitations and have a link in our invites to direct them to it. i can't guarantee everyone will visit the site but it's there if they want to read it, otherwise they can just go with the flow or make their own arrangements, whichever suits them.

I guess it depends what/how much info you'd like to provide...for example, we're getting married at a hotel which isn't in our local town so we have info regarding booking rooms or other places to stay locally, a recommended taxi firm etc. Just things to try to make it easier for the guests.

They are easy to use, you just register, upload a few photos if you like and then just type into the relevant boxes/pages. You can use other functions that they provide like RSVP where they can enter details online and you get an email notification...or you can just pause the pages you don't want!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I also used getting married.com there are a lot of functions and you can turn off the ones you don't need plus change pages to 've something different you do need. As said also great for info and avoiding lots of questions etc.

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I made one with lots of travel and accommodation information (and even a sightseeing guide!) because we have a lot of international guests. It also has an RSVP system which I find really helpful, as I think relying on people to post an RSVP card is not going to work for us (again, lots of international mail, expensive, slow, etc.). The one we have is at mywedding.com. I tried out quite a few and I found this one to be the most flexible and to have the prettiest free designs.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I am using gettingmarried.com too. I really wanted to send out sleek simple invitations without all the usually bumpf so this is where I have put all that information, like hotels, taxi numbers, directions, car parking, etc.

I also really like the RSVP function as you can have it set up for day and evening guests separately and for my day guests they will also be able to select their menu choices.

I am happy to PM you my link if you want a nose.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Karen, that'd be great if you wouldn't mind me having a nosy.

Thank you everyone for your help.

It's looking like I might do this, as there's so much information I could put on it (mainly to stop people from asking me the same questions constantly!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics