Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2016

Wedding/Public Liability Insurance

johnmwebb, 26 of April of 2014 at 18:47 Posted on Planning 0

So, we've pencilled in a date at our chosen venue today Smiley smile

They allow us to choose all our suppliers with no restrictions and with my contact in hospitality, we should be able to get friends and former colleagues to do most of the food and drink. Only problem is, the venue have said today that each supplier would need public liability insurance, which I'm not sure they'd have, as we'd be basically doing it 'ourselves'.

I've look at wedding insurance quotes and they all have public liability included in them. Surely this would cover us and our friends cooking the food for the wedding? (Probably a BBQ and a buffet).

Anyone been in this situation or similar or run a business and know about it?

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ยท
    • Hide content

Hello!

I work in the industry and we ask certain suppliers for public liability, if we allowed them in and they didn't have it and anything happened, it would then fall on the venue rather than the supplier who caused it...if they don't have it then we ask that they get a 'one day cover' which you can get a lot cheaper than a full year...

I wouldn't recommend taking the full liability yourselves in your insurance, especially with food as I am not sure they would cover you if your guests got food poisoning or something...

Every insurance is different and so I would ring and ask them whether they cover ALL suppliers...I would think the food suppliers would also need food hygiene certificates so check on that with the venue too! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics