Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

colldel1981
Beginner August 2012

Weddings at 'The Cavendish' Eastcote.

colldel1981, 31 January, 2011 at 17:09 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All,

I'm thinking of booking my wedding reception here,

Has anyone had there wedding here or been to a reception here?

Thanks In advance xx

8 replies

Latest activity by theflowerco, 20 February, 2011 at 19:04
  • Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I have done the bridal makeup for 2 brides who have had their weddings their and both were very pleased. I also grew up in a house that backed on to the cavendish so I know it well. Juliet>

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Juilet x

• 2beaKing
    Beginner
    2beaKing ·
    • Hide content

An old school friend of mine got married there and had a wonderful day.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I looked round the Cavendish and we were really close to booking it. Its a lovely house with lovely gardens BUT I just really didnt like the people that run it there. They gave me an uneasy feeling so we decided against it.

To cut a long story short they werent very nice to us. They lied to us about up coming weddings - as we wanted to go and have a look at the room set up for the maximum (as we wanted to see if it was too cramped - which it was) and they also got a bit difficult with us when we raised certain issues we had.

If you want me to elaborate I will, but the uneasy feeling they gave me was too great to risk booking it there.

My OH attended a wedding there many years ago and he said it was lovely apart from the fact you couldnt get served at the bar as it was too small and there were too little staff on. Important for some people I guess!

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your message,

I’ve decided against booking there as I do not like the idea of having your wedding breakfast downstairs and the evening reception on another floor.

Where did you get married in the end?

xx

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

When I looked round it was the WB upstairs and evening do downstairs ?

We're getting married in June - we're having a Church wedding in Rayners Lane and then the WB at the Great Barn in Ruislip and the evening do at the Winston Churchill.

Have a look at the Great Barn it is an absolutely amazing building. Its subject to some restrictions due to the age of the building but I think its worth it. The grounds around the Manor Farm Estate are lovely.

I was also impressed with Brunel Uni but I just wanted something prettier. Also have a look at the Cavendish owner's other house (cant remember its name now but its on the website) as thats equally as nice as the Cavendish and run by different people! They also own one not on the website but its available to look at if you ring and ask. I also looked at Q-Vardis but it just wasnt what I wanted but the setting is lovely.

Hope you find somewhere soon. If I can help at all give me a shout! xxx

ETA their other house is called 'The Grange' and they also have another one not on the website!

• 2beaKing
    Beginner
    2beaKing ·
    • Hide content

I guess it depends on what you ar elooking for and how far you want to travel?

We are getting married in Hillingdon and I really wanted a nice venue with nice grounds for photo's for the reception. I looked around a few places but they were either waaay over budget or wanted a guaranteed minimum number of 80-100 and our wedding is fairly small. I looked at The Buckinghsmshire Golf Club in Denham (stunning place, went their for a training event once), The Bull Hotel in Gerrards Cross, the Bellhouse Hotel in Beaconsfield, The Barn in Ruslip all very nice but just not what we wanted. We are now travelling out to Burnham in Bucks to The Grovefield House Hotel.

The Grange is nice, we went to a wedding fair their last year.

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    Leah1982 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married there in May, so if you still haven't booked your venue by then I'll let you know!! ?

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

I have a wedding there in July, so will post pics then

I am going up for a site visit in the next week or so, but it looks lovely from the gallery photos

Good luck

Zoe x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics