Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Weddings in 19 days but feeling no joy!

Mrslizziew2be, 12 of August of 2014 at 00:04 Posted on Planning 0 8

There's nothing wrong at all, but it doesn't feel real we're getting married in 19 days.

I don't find myself thinking of the wedding and am now seeing the odd DIY job as a 'hindrance' rather then a joy.

Dont get me wrong I know I want to marry my OH but it's bringing me no joy knowing it's so close!

I feel like Iv obsessed about the day for so long it's now a bit boring.

Wen people say to me ' oh I bet you can't wait' I have to put a fake smile on and say ' god counting down the days!'.

Surely I shouldn't be feeling like this? I should be bouncing off the celling?

iv got a few bits to do like finish the guest book ( only arrived the other day), take what would of been my FSIL of the table plan as her and my FBIL are over for goods as of 2 days ago and was moving in with us ( meaning my little girl is in with us and now it messes up who's staying in what room the day before the wedding but is rather see him out of the abusive relationship to be fair and would do anything to help him)

I don't feel stressed, I feel a bit numb. My OH said to myself and his family yesterday (while sorting his brother moving in) that e doesn't think he's prepared for the wedding as he hasn't got his speech sorted, and that must of got me thinking that there's so much for me to do with the odd jobs that maybe I need a good few days to think about what I need to do and prepare myself for the actual day, maybe that's what's filling me with this feeling!

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrslizziew2be, 13 of August of 2014 at 09:42
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

I think what you're feeling is normal I feel the same. Doesn't matter how much your oh helps organising think the women gets the lions share. I bet weddings is all that anyone speaks to you about. On top of that the feeling of celebrating while your FBIL is feeling so down must be complicating. I'm sure the excitement will come back once everything is done.

xx

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I havent been as close to getting wed as you before, but all I can say is that this sounds normal. I personally expect to have numb days approaching the wedding. You cant be excited all of the time, and I think there is a lot of pressure to be excited 24/7.

Sounds like you are just tired. Tired of preparing, planning and arranging. So much of that can easily make anyone feel a bit flopsy.

Also, it could be that the impending marriage is actually hitting you. Obviously we know we are going to get married, but then there is KNOWING. It didnt hit me I was having a baby until the day I went into labour, the adrenaline rush was beyond.

You will be fine, try and take a few days out of WP and do something completely unrelated. Give yourself a break :-)

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies.

I haven't actually done anything wedding related for a few weeks apart from a meeting with my co-ordinator and picking up my dress from the seamstress. I wouldn't say Iv done and planning for a while now as I had it all pretty much sorted within the first couple of months ( started planning with 8 months to go) I just had to buy the items or make arrangements and so forth, so I haven't been going OTT with wedding things lately.

Hopefully I feel a bit more up beat again soon.

And yes it is hard trying to be there for my FBIL as well as carry on with normal life and then have the wedding on top. Luckily he's happy to be gone fr the relationship but he's just worried he won't see his little girl as she's already told my niece that all daddy's side won't be seeing you anymore and their no longer family... She's 6!

In a way I thinkin just needed to get what I was feeling out x

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I don't have much to add to the speculation that this sound like normal wedding numbness combined with sadness about FBIL. But I didn't want to read and run, so have a weirdy internet hug

?

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I think what you are feeling is normal, I have 24 days to go and am not feeling excited really, nor am I doing much wedding stuff at the moment. Sure it will hit us nearer the time!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps its a bit like the calm before the storm, you know sort of getting all your energy reserves together ready for the big old push that will be happening before you know it!

I'll bet you wake up in a few days and start storming through everything like a bride possessed.....a bit like nesting and scrubbing the house from top to bottom just before giving birth!!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies thanks for the support.

After being in a horrible snappy mood all morning and taking myself back to bed as I couldn't keep my eyes open (very unlike me!) I woke with a full ache in my right lower tummy. I asked my OH a few questions and found out I'm ovulating after adding some dates into a calculator! So that may be adding to how I'm feeling.

I woke up from my nap feeling a lot better and not snappy at all. I recently stopped the injection after 9 months of having it as it was messing up my body and only had 1 period since and it seems my body has gone back like clockwork!

Sorry for the details right there ha!

i guess in the last few days my FBIL splitting with his MRS has messed with us all, he would be homeless if we couldn't take him in so I guess Iv been a but stressed trying to sort my home out to fit him in, then knowing his daughter will be staying most weekends and I'll have to baby sit her a lot as ER mum works evenings and my FBIL works till late so it will be left to me to take the little girl until her dad gets home an I have no problem with this at all, I just wish I had more room! He knows he has me to talk too as we're close so for the next few weeks at least while my OH is at work it will be me he leans on for support and I feel I need some aswell right now but him coming out of te abusive relationship he was in is far more important then a bit of wedding stress, let's face it.

I think after a few days of him being here it will all calm down and we can get a new routine going and I'll get a wedding buzz back Smiley smile

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hear how you are feeling, but try not to worry about it and be kind to yourself - that's what I keep telling myself.

Like you, we had a significant family event (in our case, my Granddad dying) which has overshadowed the final wedding plans a little. I currently get more enjoyment in looking at the details of other brides weddings here on hitched than I do about my own.

My ticker told me mine was 17 days today and if anything I felt a bit sick. I'm not anxious or nervous. I'm just fed up of waiting around.

This is me exactly. In fact it literally just happened, my colleague came in to my office and reminded me that I only have half an hour to work before I go on leave. I hope she couldn't tell that my smile was totally false!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Oh we're date twins ha!

Sorry to hear about your grandad, it's not nice at all! We lost 2 grandads and a nan in the prosess of planning, and if anything it made me see no matter if we can't afford a big fancy wedding all that matters is we get married ASAP because the ones who we wanted there more then anything are getting to an elderly age!

with my FBIL it's odd because my OH's 2 other siblings don't know because no one really talks to them ( they cut themselves out of all of our lives because we get on with FMIL as they don't) so it's pretty much just kept within my household. FMIL was amazing though, we were all over mine talking about the arrangements like rent, food ,washing, cooking and so on an my OH goes 'Liz can just do it all' now I don't mind doing it all for my family but he's a few years older then us and more then capable to do his own laundry! Cooking is no problem as I always have food left over anyway. So FMIL stepped in and said ' you can't expect Liz to do it all an I'm not going to let either of you put this on her head, she's got too much todo every day and that's not putting the wedding I to the situation so just because *** will be here don't you dare make her feel like this has all been put on her because she's not the crazy B**** who's been abusing him' So I know if I'm getting stressed with him here MIL will step in and have a word.

The room we've let him borrow is actually my little girls room and is full of my wedding stuff so I can't even just wonder in there and grab things to DIY anymore. Then it hit me OH's sister from his dad's side is coming over from a different country for the wedding as was meant to e staying in that room so Iv now got to figure out where she can go. And ten we have 5 people staying in the house the night before aswell as my 2 kids and now FBIL so all I can think is make our son a makeshift bed in our room, the FSIL can stay in his bed then my parents can stay in the dinning/ playroom on an air bed, my sister can share my bed and my best friend can have the living room. But no ones going to get a good night sleep let's face it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics