Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner

Weddings in Edinburgh Castle - St Margaret's Castle

Joanne-r, 4 May, 2011 at 14:12 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

I am interested in getting married in St Margaret's Chapel in Edinburgh Castle.

I have visited the castle a couple of times and during the tour the guides said it's a great venue for a small wedding (with room for only about 25 guests!), so I'm hoping this will also mean a less expensive wedding! We are thinking about having the wedding ceremony in St Margaret's Chapel, and the reception in a restaurant somewhere in the city.

If anyone has got married there or been to a wedding there and has any opinions or tips I'd really appreciate it! I'm struggling to find information online about how much it costs to marry in the chapel.

Thank you, Joanne.

3 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 4 July, 2011 at 13:37
  • rosalynd
    Beginner June 2022
    rosalynd ·
    • Hide content

Phone them up and ask i keep phoneing places up as they dont put the prices on and it 2x as long to look at a venue online when i have to phone to get the information

my freind was thinking about edinburgh castle i think she got quoted £5000 but knowing her she would have asked for extra pepole and extra entertainment and so on.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Small does not always mean cheap, unfortunately - in fact, in many cases the exact opposite.

Most venues don't put prices on their sites because they want you to book a viewing, fall in love with the place then shock you and leave you with trying to figure out how to pay for something beyond your budget, but must have because it's your dream venue'. They know that most people look things online, find a price and discount a place simply because of the cost.

It's a bit like wedding dresses really.

• M
    Beginner April 2012
    marrie11 ·
    • Hide content

St. Margaret's Chapel is available for small intimate wedding ceremonies. chapel is the oldest building in Edinburgh Castle and indeed in Edinburgh.

Vegas Wedding

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WTF??

Anywhoo... I would imagine that somewhere as well known as Edinburgh Castle would not be cheap... I would call and ask them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics