Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Weddings @ Kent Life

BridezillaLucy1985, 6 May, 2012 at 23:30 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi all,

Newly engaged and currently researching wedding venues. Has anyone experienced a wedding at Kent Life, Maidstone, Kent??

Would love to hear from anyone that has as we're thinking of getting married there next year.

Thanks,

Lucy ?

15 replies

Latest activity by Nenas, 22 June, 2012 at 13:20
  • M
    Beginner April 2012
    marrie11 ·
    • Hide content

Kent Life is a licensed venue for Civil Marriages and is the perfect setting for a romantic wedding with a difference. There's so much new to do at Kent's premier heritage farm attraction with 28 acres for children's birthday parties, wedding and reception hire, pre-booked group trips and conferences.

• JayKay47
    Beginner May 2014
    JayKay47 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lucy,

I'm getting married at Kent Life, paying the deposits this week!!

I'm so excited, it's so relaxed and fun. Jo (the wedding organiser) is absolutely lovely too.

When are you getting married?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Both of us covered a wedding there and it's a very good venue.

• L
    Beginner May 2014
    L_James ·
    • Hide content

• L
    Beginner
    LucyLocket1985 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, thanks all! Went to see the venue yesterday and fell in love with it, love the fact it's a bit different.

I'm planning to get married in March next year... when are you guys planning for??

L x

• JayKay47
    Beginner May 2014
    JayKay47 ·
    • Hide content

How funny, I was there yesterday too!! Are you from Maidstone?

We are getting married 31.05.14 so ages away compared to yours! wasnt planning on booking a venue so soon but we fell in love with it and Jo told us they had already taken a booking for May 2014 and I started to worry that someone would book our date.

I'm mostly looking forward to the piglet racing!!!

J

• tigeresslady
    Beginner
    tigeresslady ·
    • Hide content

I had my wedding reception there - got married at the Archbishops Palace and then hired the Allington Belle to travel along the river to the Museum of Kent Life. It was brilliant! I got married August 2007

• L
    Beginner
    LucyLocket1985 ·
    • Hide content

Wow really? We bumped into two other couples whilst being shown around by Jo... could have been you! Small world!

Not from Maidstone but am only 20 mins away by Bluewater. Are you local to Maidstone??

Do you know what the arrangements are for deposits? Need to contact Jo.

Yes the piglet racing is one of the things that swayed us!

Are you planning to have the ceremony in the chapel or the village hall?? We are looking forward to seeing what the chapel is like after renovation.

L x

• JayKay47
    Beginner May 2014
    JayKay47 ·
    • Hide content

I'm literally about 10 mins from Kent life, pass it everyday on the way to work and get butterflies every time!

We are having the ceremony in the village hall, haven't even looked in the chapel but from photos I've seen it doesn't have the same vintage-y/shabby chic theme that I love about the village hall. Although I'm not sure about the rickety wooden chairs they had set up in there yesterday.

We have provisionally booked it, just waiting for Jo to post us the invoices but I know we have to pay £500 to the caterers and £500 to Kent life for the venue hire, I'm so jealous that you're getting married next year, I wish we could bring it forward but we can't afford it.

Jx

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Try to do the Tug o War if you can!

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    babypp2 ·
    • Hide content

Both of us covered a wedding there and it's a very good venue.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    Keli_Marie ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married here in just under 8 weeks Smiley smile cannot wait!

• L
    Beginner
    LucyLocket1985 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you must be soooo excited. How are your plans going? We are all booked for 28 march next year xx

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    Keli_Marie ·
    • Hide content

I am excited! 6 weeks today!

Just bear in mind with piglet racing they now charge £30 to do it and it all depends if they have piglets on the farm, so it quite dependent on time of year etc! Don't want you to get your heart set on it and then not be able to have it!

Jo is so lovely, I've been sending her so many emails with random thigs that I need to ask in case I forget when I see her.

Just hoping the English 'Summer' sorts itself out now! x

• L
    Beginner
    LucyLocket1985 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so jealous, I have to wait until end of March!

Yes Jo did say there was a charge for the piglet racing and it all depended on whether they were available?

Are you having the ceremony there? Using the chapel? Do you have a theme at all?

I'm sure the sun will be shining for you on your special day? :-)

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Our bestman and his fiancee are getting married there next year and seem very pleased with what they've seen so far. Looks like a lovely place ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics