Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JennyH10
Beginner May 2013

Weddings on the Amalfi coast.

JennyH10, 29 of August of 2011 at 19:25 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Has anyone planned one or been to one?

We have decided that this our dream destination and we want to book everything ourselves, no planners. So all advice will be very welcome ? Thanks!

8 replies

Latest activity by italyweddding, 27 of November of 2011 at 10:48
  • moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I have never been to a wedding there, but i had a family holiday there a few years back and it was amazing.

we are going back there for our honeymoon

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's stunning isn't it? ? We went there and Rome for my 30th. We thought about having the wedding in Rome and went over last week but it just didn't feel right. Positano/Sorrento do feel right though!! We're going to hire a classic Italian car and drive from Sorrento via Naples and Rome to Florence for our honeymoon too ?

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's stunning isn't it? ? We went there and Rome for my 30th. We thought about having the wedding in Rome and went over last week but it just didn't feel right. Positano/Sorrento do feel right though!! We're going to hire a classic Italian car and drive from Sorrento via Naples and Rome to Florence for our honeymoon too ?

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Actually never been to there,but someone talk about there once~a good place for vacation~

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

Hiring a wedding planner at one of the hottest wedding destinations in the planet will help you immensely. Why? First, wedding planners plan Amalfi coast weddings for a living. They have fantastic ideas for music, decorations, food and more.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Cheeky bump ?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Jenny - just out of curiosity - which company have you used / will hope to be using to book your honeymoon?

I can't seem to find any travel company who will tailor make it like this, and am thinking I will have to end up booking everything induvidually myself, which isn't perfect.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're not using any company or planners at all hon. We'll be booking every single things separately which although will be time consuming we hope it will work out much cheaper. We did something very similar for my 30th holiday. We booked flights, car hire, hotel, villa etc all online ourselves and it cost us £350 each for a 10 day holiday. That was four years ago now so t's going to be a lot more expensive for the honeymoon (plus we'll be getting a classic Italian convertible car and staying in 5* hotels LOL) but the principle of missing out the tour operator remains the same. For us we would rather take a risk of not knowing exactly what we're going to do and flying by the seat of our pants because we like the adventure and we'd rather that went wrong than be ripped off by an expensive operator.

• I
    italyweddding ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies - if you are looking for a boutique wedding planner try Jacquie Coppola - www.theamalfiexperience.com - she is an Australian planner here on the Amalfi coast. Alternatively if you are planning all yourselves & searching for a great hairdresser & make up artist try these sites www.pieromansi.com and www.zoegraham.co

Hope this helps!

Good Luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics