Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lex
Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire

Weddinh dress / suit shopping?!

Lex, 24 of February of 2022 at 18:10 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6

Hi ladies (and gents),

I'm getting married in July 2023 and just wondered when we should start looking for my dress and his suit?! I've found dresses for the bridesmaids which only take up to 12 weeks to be made and delivered- I know that bridal dresses can be much longer though? Other half is still deciding if he wants to hire a suit out have a bespoke one made- what are timescales for bespoke?

TIA xx

6 replies

Latest activity by xkimx007, 25 of February of 2022 at 23:47
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    For yours you can start looking now or meat the summer as some dresses can take 9 months to come in. My FH decided to buy his suit as wasn't much more than hiring and he wanted something a bit different so got from Mark Darcy, we got them in the sale last season so were cheaper
  • Gemma
    Beginner July 2023 West London
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    I’m also a July 2023 Bride and I said Yes to my Dress last month! The Stylist at the time said that she recommended looking at least 1 year in advance due to delays caused by Covid xx
  • Lex
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou! X
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm also a July 2023 bride and I chose my dress a few weeks ago! Remember that wedding dress shopping is NOTHING like shopping for a normal dress if you go through a traditional bridal boutique. You try on a sample in store that they pin to fit you as best as possible, then your dress gets ordered in at a size that'll roughly fit you, and then altered to fit you perfectly.

I was strongly recommended to go a year in advance as there is such a backlog of covid brides also ordering in for 2022 and 2023, my dress will arrive in store 5 months before my wedding apparently so that's pretty much bang on a year lead time. I was also strongly advised to book in my alterations ASAP as the boutique's seamstress does not have capacity for all their brides given the current wedding boom. The recommended timeline for alterations was to have a first fitting 8 weeks before the wedding and a second fitting 4 weeks before the wedding - I've just booked this in feeling a bit silly it was so early but didn't actually have masses of choice on days/times!

Basically, it's bonkers out there - go sooner rather than later to save yourself the stress of rushing it and that way you'll get to enjoy it!

• Lex
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so really useful to know! Thanks!
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

As others have said, you need a minimum of 9 months for most wedding dress designers to ensure it arrives with time to spare for fittings/adjustments.

FH hasn't started looking for suits yet (we are getting married in Oct) so can't help you there but you definitely don't need to worry about that yet for a July 2023 wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics