Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie
Beginner January 2024 East Riding of Yorkshire

Wedinsure - Anybody had a policy with them?

Hollie, 29 of January of 2023 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hey guys,

I am looking into wedding insurance with covid cover. I currently live outside of the UK but am a citizen and so not a lot of companies will take my wedding. Wedinsure is one of the only ones.
They don't have great reviews but I have noticed most of the reviews are from the start of the pandemic and it seems some people did not read the small print of not being able to claim against government action.
Has anybody been insured with these guys and have positive things to say/or negative?

2 replies

Latest activity by Louise, 30 of January of 2023 at 13:52
  • A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

I am still trying to work out which insurance cover to go for, so I'm not much help (I've been debating it for ages, so there are some companies I've had to rule out as they don't cover any payments made before e.g. 2 months ago). I have a feeling I probably will end up going with WedInsure though. It seems to be the pandemic that destropyed their reviews - they even won an award in 2019.

What I have noticed though is that other companies do have better reviews but when you read them you see that they're all people saying things like 'the policy was easy to buy' and 'good, cheap insurance' - the reviews are only good because they're not from people who have actually tried to make a claim! Very annoying.

• L
    Beginner September 2024 Cornwall
    Louise ·
    • Hide content

Hi!
    Wedding insurance is a mine-field. I have just purchased ours and spent hours researching it!I'd recommend first of all making a list of all the ones that meet your criteria (making sure to check policies etc.), then check Trustpilot for reviews and then pick the best for you!We went for the Insurance Emporium in the end as they had the best reviews by far so worth checking them out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics