Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gracey
Beginner February 2012

Weight Loss achievement hope no one minds :)

Gracey, 28 of March of 2014 at 08:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Not sure if anyone remembers my post from 3 weeks ago, about going to the doctors and being an unhealthy weight etc?? Well being as stubborn as I am it spurred me on to do something about it, so I just thought I would update you - I hope no one minds ?!! I have been dieting sensibly I think - using a low carb (low gi) diet, exercising every day even if it's a small amount of getting my heart racing - so jogging or power walking mainly, and still letting myself have two 'bad days' ie take away or a meal out a week, as I knew if I didn't I would fail straight away!

Well.... I have in 3wks lost 4.2kg!!!! Obviously I am going to keep it up as I need to probably lose about 4 stone in total, but I am quite proud of myself for sticking to it so far!!!

16 replies

Latest activity by *MM3*, 28 of March of 2014 at 18:17
  • tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic Gracey - well done. It's not easy and I struggle too so I know how wonderful it is when you've put so much effort in and it pays off!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

That's fantastic! Well done and keep it up!

I have been trying to be good and exercise and I've been gym 4 times this week and have only had one slip up (where I ate 3 pitta breads in quick succession...woe)

We used to have a weight loss and exercise thread shall we start it up again?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

That's brilliant!

I always think that seeing results is the best motivation

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Well done you . Keep it up Smiley smile xx

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd be on for this! I'm happy to start it up and keep it going if people are on for it? Or just to help keep it going if someone else wants to do it?

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! Well done :-)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant, well done!!!

I've heard low GI is a good principle to follow. Allowing yourself a day or too off also helps I think in the long term (yes, I still want to eat cake!)

• KittenCake
    Beginner May 2013
    KittenCake ·
    • Hide content

That's fab, well done!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Well done!!!!! It feels so good to see those numbers changing.

YES to the diet thread.

I've done, it. I've lost the weight and now I am slowly letting it creep back on (10lbs back on so far). I don't want to be back at square one so I need to get a grip asap.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Go for it Tayto!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I think it might be good to have one diet/weight loss thread as the weight loss forum doesn't seem to see much use.

I started on Jan 19th at 15st 5lbs - so obese according to the charts - and I've lost a stone so far, which isn't too bad. Nobody has noticed yet - when you're bigger it takes longer to show! I'm hoping for another 3 stone before the wedding, and then another 2 after that ideally. I just use MFP and count calories - nothing too hi-tech.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Nice one! Well done.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm following weight watchers, and have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Another 6 before the wedding would be wonderful! and then I aim to lose another stone afterwards. (maybe more, depending on how much cake I eat...)

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm following weight watchers, and have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Another 6 before the wedding would be wonderful! and then I aim to lose another stone afterwards. (maybe more, depending on how much cake I eat...)

• Gracey
    Beginner February 2012
    Gracey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone ? and well done to those who have lost weight too!!! Yes I think a weight loss thread would be great, I have seen it ? so will go add my twopenneth there too!

ATB - thanks I am findig low gi quite good, a typical day for me is generally a muller light for breakfast, or alternatively a bowl of all bran (cardboard) with milk, oddly though it's one of the only cereals that actually keeps me full until pretty much lunch time!! Then mid morning if I'm hungry it's either a piece of cheese, or a carrot or some grapes. Lunch is usually a salad (home made) with a reasonable amount of protein so like ham or chicken or something similar. Mid afternoon snack if hungry is usually a mini peperami, or a 'nakd' fruit bar and then a bit of fruit usually apple or orange. Dinner is then chicken and vegetables, Spanish omelette mainly eggs veg and protein with a couple of new potatoes, occasionally burgers or sausages with just vegetables, fairly boring but seems to be working. Dessert if I have one is either half a snickers, or perhaps some strawberries and cream, or a bit of jelly... That's about it!!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

You should be proud of yourself Smiley smile That's brilliant! Huge well done, keep it up!

I'm starting too so hope I do as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics