Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2020

weight loss before my Wedding

SunnyGoldBridesmaid83232, 21 of November of 2019 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I will get married in May, and I would need to lose some weight before. However, I am afraid to start too early and to be unable to maintain it. Any recommendation or shared plan? thank you

3 replies

Latest activity by Virginia, 24 of October of 2022 at 17:50
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How much do you need/want to lose? Ideally, weight loss should be sustainable over the long term. I'd be looking at making small changes to your lifestyle that you can maintain permanently.

I bought a dress that was reduced to half price and which only just does up, so I need to lose weight before my first fitting (it will be a lot more expensive if I have to pay to have it let out!) I've replaced biscuits with fruit when I want a sweet snack, have increased the veg in my diet and am practicing better portion control I've found a bowl that contains a good amount for a main meal and am eating out of that - I know if the bowl is heaped then my portion is too big, whereas on a plate, it's too easy to pile the food up! I've only been doing this for a month, but am slowly losing weight and I think it will be sustainable long term. Which it needs to be as I'm 3 stone over my ideal weight right now!

I'm limited in what exercise I can do as I have a form of auto-immune arthritis which keeps flaring up. but if you can exercise, you'll lose weight faster. I'm trying to walk more when I am able to. Exercise is also a good de-stresser, so should help with any pre-wedding stress!

• P
    Beginner June 2020
    PawtahH ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered joining a slimming world group? They're really friendly and will help you not only lose the weight but once you reach your target weight you can go for free and they'll help you maintain it! I joined last year and am nearly at 3stone loss overall (although different people lose at different speeds - I took the slow and steady route).

• M
    Madeline1986 ·
    • Hide content

What truly helped me is "near" keto diet and exercising 3-4 days a week and i take 6 small meals a day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics