Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BridalButterfly2012
Beginner June 2012

Welcome drink for evening guests??

BridalButterfly2012, 21 February, 2012 at 18:43 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have just been reading another post about how much people spend on alcohol and reading the comments and it has sparked me a little worry. As an evening guest would you expect a welcome drink on arrival? We have this booked for our day guests and a drink for toasts etc but we haven't ordered any for the evening guests. I have been to quite a few weddings as an evening guest and have only been provided with a welcome drink twice. What is expected? I personally as an evening guest wouldn't expect one and although our budget is only small so can't really afford it but i wouldn't want to look rude not providing them with one.

What are you all doing?

x

5 replies

Latest activity by BridalButterfly2012, 21 February, 2012 at 19:51
  • tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't expect one as a guest and am not providing one, but OH will have a lot of money on him t obuy drinks for as many people as poss!

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply tizmelou that is what i thought as to why we not ordered one but just wanted to check before i made the mistake lol.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are not providing a welcome drink for evening guests, but will have cake and a buffet. In fact, most weddings I've been to we've bought drinks for the bride and groom, so perhaps we wont need to buy ourselves a drink this time round.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are providing a bbq and cake and sweetie table and yes i agree hopefully we won't have to buy ourselves a drink either lol :0)

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi we arent providing welcome drinks for the evening guests either! Never had one my self as an evening guest...

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Princesssaraht thanks for your reply.

Well i have to say i am happy with the replies so far in favour of saving pennies lol. Thanks all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics