Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KarenJane
Beginner June 2013

Welcome Drinks and drinks reception

KarenJane, 27 of May of 2013 at 16:59 Posted on Planning 0 9

Me again! I'm on a roll today! Just ordered our wine for the wedding breakfast (had a great saturday afternoon and evening testing lots!) and now i'm on to the drinks reception. We wewre thinking about having Pimms as its at the end of June and then just a soft drink alternative, however i'm now thinking that we should have some sparkly to welcome the guests with too when they arrive at the reception venue so any ideas welcome - at the moment i'm thinking of Proscetto as its light and bubbly too!

9 replies

Latest activity by venart, 28 of May of 2013 at 18:41
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I love proscecco. We've gone for this as a welcome drink.

It's lighter than Champagne and easier to drink (not to mention cheaper).

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I prefer prosecco to champagne! We are having prosecco, bellinis, home made lemonade and ginger beer.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Yum wine tasting! I agree, prosecco is lovely and light :-) it's been too long since I've had a glass though!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We actually had prosecco as our toast drink- I prefer it tbh.

we had Buck's Fizz, kir royals and prosecco as ours.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we're having prosecco as our toast and bucks fizz or a non-alcoholic equivalent for the reception drink. We're then doing jugs of pimms as the evening guests arrive.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

We had prosecco as our reception drinks, as meant we could basically keep filling everyone's glasses up for the whole time, which we probably wouldn't have done with champagne.

I would have plain prosecco, and then jazz it up with cocktails

Bellini - which is a peach puree and prosecco

or my personal favourite

Kir Royale (creme de cassis (blackcurrant liqueur) and prosecco) Technically should be with champagne but works just as well with prosecco!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

My wedding yesterday (a hitcher) had drinks on the common next to the church.....They served Prosecco and it was a nicely organised wedding with a great couple....

Peter

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

We are having prosecco, amaretto fizz, coronas and i think pimms x I much prefer prosecco to champagne x

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

We are having pimms and prosecco - we can afford champagne in our package but we both much prefer prosecco.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We're 22 June this year and had the same thought as you, so we've asked for our reception drinks to be pimms and prosecco (with a soft option as well). We bought 10 reserve bottles of prosecco as well, just in case our guests go through the amount included in the package.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics