Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Welcome drinks and wine for tables

Hayley, 3 of November of 2021 at 08:54 Posted on Planning 0 6
Okay, so we're having a laid back, festival style wedding reception in and around a marquee on my parents' land. We're having some beers, ciders and soft drinks in a bath tub, as well as prosecco for welcome drinks. We're also thinking wine with the meal. We're not having a seating plan. Do you think it would be best to have a table with wine and glasses on so people can go choose their own/the waiting staff can pour? We have a bar later on and are paying for a couple of staff to help set up the drinks and tables until the bar opens. Still a bit undecided if we're having a sweetheart table or just mingling ourselves. I'm just thinking people might move about so do we want the glasses set up on the tables?

6 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 3 of November of 2021 at 16:02
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great.

I think that the way people behave is that they will mingle - chill with your "beers, ciders and soft drinks in a bath tub, as well as prosecco for welcome drinks" but then they will be sat in one place to eat - so it makes sense to have the wine and glasses on the tables. I fear they guests will just think "what's the point of us having to get up and go to the wine to be served - why don't we just have it on our tables"

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you. Good to have the opinion of someone who is used to lots of weddings 😊
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would have bottles on the tables. If you are having tables for 8 people then 2 white and 2 red is easiest option. We are having table plan and have asked guests in advance what they prefer so we can ensure there is enough of each on the tables s owe don't have overage of white on a table of re drinkers, but I guess that wont really work with not having a plan, but I an sure guests will be able to swap bottles with other tables, which I have seen happen and is really not a problem as it has been paid for so may as well get drunk!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. They will be tables of 6 as they are trestle tables. I was thinking just a bottle of each as I'm not sure if everyone will drink wine anyway so might take a beer, cider or soft drink to the table with them. Plus, there's only likely to be about 50 of us so some spaces won't be filled. Can always have extra bottles and ask the staff to bring them over if needed I guess?
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a plan, as you have other drinks available and then have a few bottles on standby for the staff to add to tables where they see empties

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. I like to have a plan in my head, even if it does change many times haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics