Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2024 Hampshire

Went dress shopping today... hated all the dresses .

Aimee, 22 of October of 2022 at 17:09 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
So went shopping today and tried on about 12 dresses. There were 2 or 3 that were OK. Not breathtaking tho. I'm glad I went tho as it's give me the insensitive to lose some weight and I now know what style I like. Here's to mer dress shopping in the future and hopefully find THE dress.

5 replies

Latest activity by JosephJerry, 4 of November of 2022 at 04:32
  • Stella
    Beginner October 2023 Turkish controlled area
    Stella ·
    • Hide content
    I was feeling the same way...but I knew straight away when I tried my dress on that it was the one for me.. All your insecurities will go out the window and you'll feel so beautiful when you find it. It helped me to go somewhere where they had a big selection of plus size gowns. Be patient and don't rush, You'll find your breathtaking dress soon!! 🥰
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Aimee. You will find the dress you love. I am dress shopping soon too, I noticed from your page I get married a couple weeks after you. Did you try on all the dresses at the same place? The dress shops I am heading to only allow you try on 5 dresses max and prefer you to come back if you don’t find the one so you don’t get overwhelmed. This works for me, but I know everybody has different time scales etc. Only one of these places charge you for the appointment too and if you find the one there it comes off of your dress. Think the appointment is £20. Im glad you now know what style you like. Good luck finding your beautiful dress.
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely agree with Stella. Once you find THE dress, every insecurity you have will just melt away. I tried on quite a few and they all felt like I was trying on someone else's wedding dress, until I tried one particular dress on and it felt like it was made for me, I've honestly never felt as special in my life. As a plus size woman I was concerned I'd try them on and feel I had to lose weight, but once I tried this one on I honestly felt like it didn't matter at all because that was the one! Hold out for that feeling xxx

• Niketa
    Beginner October 2024 Lincolnshire
    Niketa ·
    • Hide content
    I’m soo sorry to hear that! It’s sooo stressful finding dresses! If any help I got mine from Princessly and tbh it’s great quality and fitted well!
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

I found "the one" without even being able to try it on, the sample was way too small

ordered it in the sample size, lost 3 stone, tried my dress on again, perfect! and even better it now needs taking in!

I agree with what everyone else has said though, once you find the one you will know, and its great that although you didn't find the dress, you realised which silhouette you are wanting x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics