Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

woo-woo
Beginner

We're bringing wedding forward because...

woo-woo, 22 May, 2010 at 21:01

Posted on Planning 43

....I'm pregnant!!! Anyone who knows me on facebook please don't write anything over there as I am only 8 weeks and don't want to let the cat out of the bag until 12 weeks scan is ok. We had booked a gorgeous venue for october next year but in light of our happy accident we have decided to do it...

....I'm pregnant!!!

Anyone who knows me on facebook please don't write anything over there as I am only 8 weeks and don't want to let the cat out of the bag until 12 weeks scan is ok.

We had booked a gorgeous venue for october next year but in light of our happy accident we have decided to do it this September with just immediate family instead of the 80 we had planned to invite, the lovely thing about bringing it forward is that we'll have been together 10 years in september so it's worked out well I suppose.

Anyway as I don't want to tell folks in the "real world" our news yet I just wanted to share with the lovely hitchers.

We're going to pop into the registry office down the road on monday and see about availability and also see about booking a restaurant for 20 or so family members for afterwards.

Has anyone had any experience of dramatically downsizing a wedding?

43 replies

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

Wow lots of excitement for you in the next few months, congratulations!

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your BFP... ?

Now you just need to pop over to the askamum forum. Its great for mummies to be. x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

OK so I'm hitching on my HM which is very bad I know but ?I just wanted to say congratulations! Hope your pregnancy progresses well ? I'm sure your earlier wedding will be just perfect

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Ah twinnie, been away for a while and just read this thread - you're leaving me!!!! Massive congratulations though hun, happy days eh? ?

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks muchly everyone and Allgold so sorry to be ditching you but needs must I'm afraid!

xxx

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Aw thats great news!!!

and dont worry - your secret is safe with me!! ?

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I'm only joking. It's very exciting. Hope it all goes well for you ?

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Wow congratulations!! how exciting!

I havent read through all the replies yes (dashing out to work) but if she hasnt already replied im guessing Max is a good person to speaking to about bringing forward!

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Thats fabby news!!! Are you going to annouce it at the wedding among the speechs that would be sooo cool!!!

Big or small your day will be AMAZING!!!

x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Aw thats lovely news!!!! Congratulations to you both!!

• spaceychick
    spaceychick ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely - congratulations!

Why don't you tell the guests you are now not inviting (still with me? lol) that you'll be having a Christening/ naming day instead of the big wedding, and get everyone together then?

Nothing lovlier than a new baby xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics