Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner April 2016

West Ham United Wedding

HEAL2016, 4 of June of 2015 at 14:29 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi, I am a newbie here and I wanted to ask if anyone has had a wedding at or been to a wedding at West Ham United? My H2B is a massive fan so I have agreed to go all out on an East End wedding but wanted to see if anyone had any experience at this venue before? TIA. Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by HEAL2016, 1 of July of 2015 at 22:11
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I cant help with west ham but I have shot a wedding a Leicester City Football club, it certainly sorts out the problem of a color scheme. On the photography side of things the case with Leicester was that there was no way we were allowed on the pitch - not even the extra bit of grass beyond the touchline, odd when you think they run around in boots with studs - but we were allowed into the trophy room for a shot holding one of them.Catering wise they are pretty good as im sure west ham do too they also do big christmas doos and high flying corporate functions

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen the Don't Tell the Bride where the groom organised the wedding at Stoke City? That might give you some ideas. They actually had the wedding at half time on the pitch but I'm pretty sure that was a one off and that most football clubs won't let you do that. They had to wear football boots on the pitch though, maybe that's something you could enquire about? I think this episode is on iPlayer anyway if you want to take a look.

• H
    Beginner April 2016
    HEAL2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much!! I have only just seen these replies and not too sure why, need to check my settings!!

We are allowed to go down to where the players come out of the tunnel and onto the pitch and there is a massive West Ham emblem on the ground. Basically where the managers stand when the game is on. And allowed into the changing rooms too. We can go back down to the pitch at night too for pictures and they will put on the flood lights for a short time.

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big football fan (not West Ham although my partner is!) so I think that is a lovely idea. I think some clubs will let you and the groom on the pitch for photos just check with them first. Oh and I don't know when you are planning on getting married but don't forget they are moving! If you haven't booked it yet it may be worth thinking about it as there may be a few fans thinking they want to get married there before the move.

• H
    Beginner April 2016
    HEAL2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Yes we have booked, April 2016. One of the last weddings there as they are pulling it down right after the last game! Think we will be the second from last wedding before it goes! My OH can't believe his luck that I've agreed!! Ha!

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Well that will be absolutely amazing. Have you chosen a colour theme? Is it going to be claret and blue?

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrotbroc ·
    • Hide content

My OH would love this but I said no! We live just down the road from the ground and he is a huge fan.

Have a fabulous wedding

• H
    Beginner April 2016
    HEAL2016 ·
    • Hide content

I said no for ages then when we went to see it I really liked it! I wanted something a bit different! Colour scheme will be silver & grey. You can get soooo many different shades of the blues & claret that when we put together a mood board it started to look a bit miss matched!! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics