Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner March 2018

West Midlands recommendations?

angeljade, 9 of August of 2016 at 14:53 Posted on Planning 0 1

I've just started looking at everything and the prices are making me cringe. I don't want a cheap wedding, but I can't afford much else! All venues seem to be £5-9000. Can anyone recommend any venues that aren't tiny pub/hotels but aren't too costly? So far I like Moor Hall/New Hall/The Mount Hotel/Forest of Arden/Highbury Hall/Kings Norton Golf Club/Custard Factory old library(though I haven't visited these to look at them yet).

Stupidly, I also want a photobooth and a pink Cadillac. Anyone been looking into anything similar and come across a good value option?

At the moment, I've made very few decisions, so if you have any recommendations of anything you've looked into in the West Midlands, it'll give me some cues about where to start looking. It's very overwhelming!

And finally, I'm SO torn between colour schemes. Dark plum and Ivory. Wine/Burgundy. Rose gold (dusty pink and gold). I've been pinning loads of ideas for all three. Which sounds best to you?

1 replies

Latest activity by Stephisaur, 10 of August of 2016 at 14:03
  • L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

The prices can be very scary, our budget started at £6,000 for the whole lot, now we are looking at £10,000! Its more of a cost than a budget.

The gorgeous venues are always expensive, I was looking around Rutland Water as we are East Midlands, is that too far for you to travel? They are averaging £4000 for a venue. We have gone with a small barn in our village £400 bargain which we can decorate ourselves but we do have the added cost of a marquee £1900 and decorations (who knows, 23months to go and I've spent £100 already) so just be careful to add up everything.

Ask your photographer if they can do a photobooth? Or set on up yourselves and ask them to do the photography for it.

If it's in summer you want lighter colours, if its winter darker colours. I like the sound of plum and ivory. Dusty pink and gold sounds very nice too. Be careful if you go for just wine colours, red and white cannot go together without another colour.

Go for two or three colours if you can. If you want plum in the summer, go for plum, lilac and ivory, or if you want pink go for rose gold, pale pink and pale yellow. Depends how girly you want it, and if its in winter go for darker colours. It is entirely up to you ?

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

My mum got married at the Forest of Arden - beautiful venue Smiley heart

Mine's pretty expensive as venues go... it's costing me around £6K for Ceremony and Reception but that's for exclusive hire of the venue.

I know that they now offer non-exclusive packages which are cheaper:

http://www.hogarths.co.uk/media/60264/hogarths_solihull_wedding_brochure.pdf

Jade, the Wedding Coordinator, is an absolute gem too Smiley smile

Photobooth - we're using Hogarth's preferred supplier PicBooth which is costing us £434 for their most deluxe package which includes a Red Carpet, a Photobook and 3 hours hire (between 7.30 and 10.30pm)

Photography - Check out Daffodil Waves. Nicola is wonderful, we can't wait for our Wedding! Our Engagement Photos are divine.

Videography - We're using Blue Ridge. Yes, they're expensive BUT their work outshines anybody else's we looked at. H2B and I both have film degrees and everyone else's just looked... amateurish to us.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics