Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2009

Westbury-on-Trym Village Hall

lakelady, 27 January, 2009 at 21:10 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi, has anyone recently had a wedding reception here? Did the music restrictions cause any problems? Love the hall but a bit concerned about the noise regs etc.

Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by *Karina2009*, 23 September, 2011 at 16:44
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched. I don't know anything about this place as I am at the other side of the country. But what are the noise regs?

We are restricted by noise as the restaurant is in the middle of the village. We can have a disco but we can't have a band because of the pa system etc.

• L
    Beginner October 2009
    lakelady ·
    • Hide content

Hi, similar sort of thing, they have a sound limiter which will cut off the power if the noise gets too much! You have to use a disco recommended by them.... trying to find out what their list is like but not got a reply from them yet - frustrating! New to this forum thing, hoping it will be useful!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you post on here asking for disco reccomendations? When is your wedding?

This forum will be so useful to you, I promise.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi & Welcome

I am based in Bristol but haven't worked at your venue. If tey have their own disco then I can't see there would be a problem as they know the venue. Is it just what type of music they are going to play that you are worried about?

• chicken82
    Beginner May 2009
    chicken82 ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look at their website, and it doesnt say...it does say you can use a tape/cd player though lol!!

Just wanted to say it looks gorgeous from the pictures!!

• L
    Beginner October 2009
    lakelady ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I've had feedback from a couple of people who have had do's there now and feel reasured! Wedding is in October. Seems to be so much to get on with before I go back to work in May - all with two small children in tow!

• B
    Beginner February 2012
    bufalufalus ·
    • Hide content

Hi -

Just jumping on your thread! Smiley smile I am getting married and having my reception at Westbury on Trym Village Hall in February.

Did you have any issues with the noise limiter? who did you use for the Disco?

Thanks

L xx

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Good luck for tomorrow! have a fab day cant way for the report?

karina xx

omg wrong post!!! how did that happen what a numpty!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics