Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

What a couple of days !!

28 of April of 2015 at 17:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 23

So its all happening this week!

Today I have my fixed brace off.

I have had a clear fixed brace for about 7 months, and before that an Invisalign type brace for about 10 months too. Its been a nightmare, as I had to change dentists (the first one went bankrupt and took my money!!!) and the whole process has taken around 2.5 from start to finish. But I am chuffed with the results. The picture shows an awful set of teeth to begin with, but they never looked that bad IRL!! (or I didnt think so!!).

I still have some work left to do on the bottom set, and whitening, but I am pleased so far! Spent all afternoon grinning like I'm in a Colgate advert ?

In other news, I have pretty much finished all of my uni work!! I have to do a presentation on Thursday, but apart from that, the big research project is done and I am home and dry. 3 years of solid graft have come to an end - and not a moment too bloody soon!!!!

I also had my pre-op yesterday. Operation scheduled for next Friday , but all went well yesterday - eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!

I need cake and wine I reckon. Anyone joining me?

23 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 2 of May of 2015 at 07:54
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Cheers to that!

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Wow, lots of exciting things going on! well done and congratulations on getting to the end of the line with Uni - massive achievement! and your gnashers look lovely, just in time for the wedding. I'll drink to that with you! Smiley smile

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Teeth look great! And well done on the uni work. Enjoy celebrating!!!

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Teeth look fab, and hurrah for the incredible end-of-uni feeling Smiley smile

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Do you keep running your tongue against your teeth and saying "Wow"???

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Wow! What a great advert for braces. Your teeth look fab.

Celebratory wine needed after those few days. Good luck for the op.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Woohoo! New teeth look great. I had train tracks in my early teens and when they came off I loved it. Unfortunately left my retainer at home while I went on a 2 week holiday so when we came back my teeth had moved a bit. No way was I going through that again though!

Well done for finishing your uni work too. It's a little too early for wine for me now but I'll have some cake!!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Wows - teeth look fab!! well worth the effort then!! I had a brace as a kid, plus a weird brace thing to pull my lower jaw forward too - it used to kill! could you feel the invisalign ones at all?

n huge whoop to finishing the uni work!! thats fab!! when do you get feedback/results?

AND keeping all crossed that you op goes well too - not long to wait!!! You'll be on cloud nine having all that lot finished and done - what a fab run up to your wedding you'll have!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

Aw lovely! Great teeth! I remember having my brace off after 2 years and it felt really strange, couldn't stop looking at them and running my tongue over my teeth!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Sorry lady but with lovely pegs like those you're going to have to step away from the red wine and learn to love white!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a huge fan of white wine, but Prosecco is literally my life blood atm!!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Your teeth look great!

I had a permanent brace put in on my bottom front teeth so I didn't have to worry about a plastic retainer.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I hate teeth. Mine make me angry! I had all the pain of braces when I was a teen, but despite begging them to take more teeth out, they only took one. My teeth have now shifted back to where they were before, and I sometimes wake up in pain because of them. Wankers

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, that's weird! Yeah, I wore it for ages but then they said stop, bad idea!! Dentist says I'd have to go private to sort it, and I don't fancy braces again, felt stupid enough (and painful enough!) In my teens. Ah well.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

They look good. Exciting times, l would love to get my teeth done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics