Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

What are the important/unimportant aspects of your wedding?

HeavyMetalMaiden, 4 of April of 2014 at 15:55 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone! Just for fun, I was wondering which parts of your wedding are the most important to you and will get most of your attention, and what is unimportant to you, that you don't feel it's worth paying for/worrying about? Does the other half agree???

I'll start:

My top important things are: DRESS & my fiances outfit (I want him to feel just as fabulous)! Venue, ceremony music & there HAS to be cocktails! (Wine ruins me)!

Things I don't care about are the 'wedding cars', personally, I am happy with my little Astra! I cannot justify the expense of hiring one just to get there. Also, a DJ. Not worth paying for out of our budget, would rather a band and then a playlist off of my laptop!

Thankfully my hubby to be (love saying that) agrees. So far.

Smiley smile

15 replies

Latest activity by FHB, 4 of April of 2014 at 21:33
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ours were -

Venue, catering & togs. Also good music and lots of drink available.

We don't care about things like rings - want as cheap as possible haha.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Aside from our ceremony our most important bits are/were

* Finding somewhere dog friendly. No dogs allowed, no bookie.

* Photography and film. Most aspects of our wedding have been planned with this in mind and we've considered what will be the "ideal" for photos/video.

* Music- band had to be good and play a mix of what we like but what guests would be familiar with

* Having food that us and our junk loving families would enjoy. Burgers all round!

Things that haven't been a priority/are of no interest

* Rings- we're not having rings.

* Favours

* How either of us get there/transport

* A wedding cake

* Wine. Neither of us like it, but we've caved and got some anyway. All tastes the same to me.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

All I really care about is marrying the right man this time! (which I am!). I want to spend a bit more on things like the photographer and rings i.e things we will keep afterwards.

I don't care about centrepieces, decorations, the cake, no one will remember them a week later! Don't care about alcohol either as I don't drink (OH will disagree though!).

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Important: ceremony, rings, guests, party (hence venue, entertainment etc).

Not important: clothes, flowers, cake, favours, colour scheme,

Don't get me wrong: we will wear clothes and there will be cake, but they aren't important to us. My dress, for example will be about 1% of the wedding budget, flowers will be 0.05%, whereas entertainment is coming in at nearer 20%.

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

I think for me:-

* photography

* catering/food

* the entertainment at night

* speeches (no cost!)

And atmosphere, I'll be so gutted with a lack fo atmosphere. Saying that our engagement party was off the scale, everyone commented on the atmosphere, laughter, enjoyment, and general all round "good feeling" Smiley smile

Least important:-

* expensive dress (i want THE dress but not willing to pay more than £500 tops! and thats pushing!!)

* cars (i can drive myself! the blokes ware happy to get taxi's from the city)

* evertthing matching - i have a theme (rustic style garden party) but it doesnt have to be perfectly matched

Flowers somewher between. i obviously want and need flowers for my theme (and i love flowers!) but refuse to pay extortionate amounts florists seem to charge.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Taking the end result of us being married as a given - the most important thing is for all our family to be there. What's not important is the weather. I can't do owt about it so I aint worrying about it. I don't care what we all end up wearing. I don't care if we just end up with a bar meal in the pub next door. I do care that everyone has a nice time. I will however be devastated if my dress doesn't fit or something catastrophic happen of courses, but I hope I'll be able to laugh about it Smiley smile yeah right. What also matters is the Prosecco makes it in one piece and I have two flutes. Smiley smile

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, fun.

Priorities- venue, food, TOG, no fights or unhappy tears.

Not boshed- cars, rings, favours.

• MrsScott2be2018
    Beginner September 2018
    MrsScott2be2018 ·
    • Hide content

Priorities: venue, photographers, dress and food.

Not so important: Alcohol, favours and canapés.

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Important- outside ceremony, outfits, photography,flowers.....oh disagrees on this one

Not important - invites...tho I did get a bit bridezilla over them in the end, cake..oh insists on having one,first dance...oh insisted on this too

Not happening- cars, speeches,favours,video

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Ours are:

Venue (it had to be disabled friendly as we have several disabled guests, some in wheelchairs)

Dress

Photographer

Invitations

Not so important are:

DJ

Cake (although it will be awesome as FSIL is making it)

Actually, now I think about it, I kind of am a bit bridezilla about getting things right! Even the cake is a high priority!

x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Important: food, booze, music, pictures, people

Not important: everything else

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

The most important thing to me us was that we had an outside ceremony. I hate the idea of saying vows inside a building for some reason. Luckily we found somewhere fairly early on in the search!

Aside from that, we just want it to be a very relaxed and informal day.

I couldn't give two hoots about how I get to the venue, or where we stay that night.

I also couldn't care less about what my guests wear, I really struggle to understand people who advise on dress codes for their guests!

Saying this, we do still have about 16 months until our wedding, so plenty of time for me to become crazily obsessed with the small details!

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

Most important (after the groom of course!) - Venue, People, Dress, Entertainment

Reasonably important - Videographer & Photographer

Less important - Cars, Flowers, Centre Pieces

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Most important: Small, cosy venue, the right people, good food, good entertainment and good pics to help our memories. OH's requirements were food, booze, awesome honeymoon.

Things we didn't care about: Pretty much everything else, not overly fussed about fancy clothes, fancy cars etc.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

Most important - the rings, our vows, the guests and OBVIOUSLY my outfit. I want my one day to shine.

Less important - the venue, the flowers, the cake and the supply of free booze.

no go's - wedding cars, cheesy wedding hymns and readings, the organ *shudder* ...All the things OH wants hahahahaha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics