Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anonbride
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

What are you asking your bridesmaids and moh to do?

Anonbride, 24 of January of 2022 at 14:31 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3

I've got a lovely MOH (actually a guy, gay and interested in stereotypically 'girly' things though so not discounting him from anything just because he's a guy) and two lovely bridesmaids (both women). I'm obviously super excited about my wedding and they are all super excited for me but I don't want to be a bridezilla! I'm not sure to what extent I should be dropping them messages when I've thought about things like the dress, flowers, colour schemes, whether I should be sharing links to pintrest boards, asking them to come with me to wedding fairs or meet suppliers, etc...

I want them to feel involved and included, but equally I don't want them to feel overwhelmed. What sort of pre-wedding activities and decisions are you asking your bridesmaids to be a part of?

Also - walking down the aisle, what's the order?
MOH, BM, BM, Bride
BM, BM, MOH, Bride
BM, BM, Bride, MOH (apparently this is a thing so they can hold the train?)

Would be interested to hear what others are doing and why as I've only ever been to one wedding evening reception and never been a bridesmaid myself so really have no frame of reference!

3 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 25 of January of 2022 at 11:37
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

Not even thought about the order down the aisle! Now you are making me think what I should be doing! We are getting married this July so I ought to get my head round it.

I have been to lots of weddings but so long ago now I have forgotten all this stuff!

I think in terms of what you want your party to do then ask them what they feel comfortable with. I only have one adult MOH (my sister) and the rest of the BMs are under age 14 so my sister will be doing most tasks. I personally haven't involved her with the colour scheme or flowers and so far she has been at the dress fitting and I send pics of BM dresses to her and my mum. She has also booked the hen do. For all other suppliers inc cars, flowers, photographer and DJ, my fiancé and I chose these together.

• Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

I only have a MOH and I think she was a bit disappointed that I just went ahead and booked everything without really thinking of including her (so much so we're doing a wedding fair next month just for the lols)! All I've asked is for her to pick (and pay for) her own outfit, and she's also organising the hen do. I will probably ask her to come with me to the final fitting so she can have a practice run with helping me with my dress.

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is really interesting to hear - I've been so worried about not making them feel obligated to come to stuff and get involved that I probably have erred on not including them enough!

My mum and I are going to a wedding fair for similar reasons - I feel like I don't really need the inspo but she thinks it'll just be a fun day out haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics