Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2013

What are you doing for wedding favours?

NatGlenn89, 13 of January of 2013 at 20:42

Posted on Planning 48

I would like to do something a little more original than sugared almonds in organza bags but what?? What is everyone else doing for thiers?

I would like to do something a little more original than sugared almonds in organza bags but what??

What is everyone else doing for thiers?

48 replies

• C
    Beginner January 2011
    Carlyr7 ·
    • Hide content

We have ordered them from a lady near us (Bristol) for £1.95 each Smiley smile we aren't having huge day numbers and I knew I wanted these as soon as I saw them at the wedding fayre we went to and it doubles up as a place setting too!!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    jeenj81 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Carlyr7 I will have to get googling to see if I can find someone local to me (Manchester) who might do something similar x

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

Although I completely agree they're unnecessary, we're having 2! We're getting married where I now live with OH and I want some touches of home in the wedding...my hometown is host to the most amazing chocolatiers and patissiere. Originally we'd thought about them doing the cake but they're so expensive & my great aunt wants to make ours soooo we're having chocolate lollies with everyone's names on so they double as place settings... www.slattery.co.uk

We're also giving everyone a Marie Curie daffodil. Daffs are our flowers and my mum collects for them (they helped look after my cousin so there's a family connection) and thought it might be a nice touch. We've made a donation for the pins and they're there if people want them. The pin card says only 'Thank You' - which I see as being a thank you to the guest for coming (the donation was our choice).

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

We have made little pots of homemade jam - well, my mum has. It. Took. Ages. We covered the tops in little squares of material at the weekend, and used a luggage tag we had edged with lace to write the guest's name on, this label was then tied around the neck of the jar. I have to say, they look absolutely amazing but I would never, ever, EVER want to make 100 miniature pots of jam again. I also thought it might be cheaper to DIY it, but add up the cost of fabric, jars, fruit etc and I don't think it was really.

Hmmmm, no, maybe that's not fair, to make 110 and decorate/label them (we made extra) we probably spent about £100 so I guess that's probably cheaper than it would have been to buy them ready made.

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    leeds lass ·
    • Hide content

Gurzle thats a lovely idea and will look amazing on your tables! a quid a favour for something like that is pretty good, forget about labour ?

• N
    Beginner March 2013
    Nic78 ·
    • Hide content

We hum'ed and ar'd for ages about whether to bother with favours at all, what would we have if we do, should we do a sweet buffet instead, and so on and so on...

So at the weekend we finally decided that we wouldnt do the sweet buffet and are now doing retro bags of pick n mix sweets as favours Smiley smile so we get the best of both worlds and still think its quite a nice touch for everyone.

We always knew we wanted something edible as these seem to go down best with guests I think (sadly our venue dont allow alcoholic favours so they were out of the question), alt we were looking at the charity option but we have a few that are close to our hearts and couldnt choose which to go for.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would you be willing to post a pic of these, I'd love to see them!

I'm going for this too but won't be having the material on the top. I'm just tying raffia around the neck. I've only had one quote so far & for the filled jars with personalised labels it's 75p per jar. I'll probably do the raffia myself. So £100 for 110 with material on the top is pretty good!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We had scrabble tiles for place settings that people were more than welcome to take home and my mam made chocolate truffles.

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Nothing, which is what i said originally when i started wedding planning due to the sheer amount of them we used to bin when i worked at a local wedding venue.

I toyed with the idea of charity donation, and then with tofee apples (its an autumn wedding) but OH refused saying it was a waste of money and nobody would appreciate it.

I still fancy the toffee apples Smiley sad

• Sara.Head
    Beginner June 2014
    Sara.Head ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking at cake pops lol Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics