Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious July 2024 Nottinghamshire

What are you doing straight after the wedding? Honeymoon? Mini moon?

Laura, 2 of March of 2022 at 12:28 Posted on Planning 0 7
So the only date our venue has is early July (2023) I’d ideally wanted end of July, I work in a school so I would of broke up, then get married end of July & go on honeymoon (with all our kids) a few days later.
We love the venue, so we either get married early July or go for 2024 wedding. We really want to get married next year though!

I’m not sure how I feel getting married, then both off to work for a few weeks then go on honeymoon. I only work part time, but I just feel it’s a big come down, but then it’s something to look forward to for a few weeks later, and I can pack/shop while not stressing about a wedding.
My friend suggested a night away on the Monday after the wedding, which is an option but would need to be cheap as the honeymoon is going to cost a lot.
Sorry for all the waffle, but what are you guys doing? Love hearing your plans, gives me ideas!
Thanks xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty, 5 of March of 2022 at 07:13
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Also a July 2023 bride!

We're planning on having our honeymoon a few months later actually! Buuut, we're getting married down in Cornwall and live in Kent, so while the wedding is still one day it will be long weekend at minimum for us in Cornwall which gives us a couple of days 'mini moon' I suppose!

From some preliminary honeymoon destination research, most hotels that offer any sort of honeymoon package have a caveat that says your marriage licence must be less than 6months old - so as long as the honeymoon is in that window I don't think it matters!

I've also heard that you're usually shattered after the wedding, so having a little normal life breather before jetting off on the honeymoon means you've got the energy to actually enjoy it!

• L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow I’d love to get married in Cornwall!! I do think a few weeks of ‘normal’ life will be good then we will be excited for our holiday, and we can get ready for it with no wedding stress!
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

I think taking the one night away just for the two of you would be a lovely compromise. It gives you a moment breathe, take it all in, let it all settle and just be alone together before going back to reality and then you get to have the literal honeymoon stage all over again a few weeks later Smiley smile

• N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    We’re having a “mini moon” long weekend in Paris straight after the wedding to relax and rejuvenate and spend some time together, but tbh this was more out of necessity than anything else - we had a eurostar voucher that had to be used so it seemed as good an excuse as any 😅

Then Having the actual honeymoon 1 month later, again it just happened to be convenient with other stuff we’ve got going on. In some ways I would have liked to do the honeymoon a few months later, as I do like the idea of still having something to look forward to once the excitement of the wedding is over.
    I think it would be lovely for the two of you to have a night away just to be together and save the big honeymoon for later, when you’ve more energy and also so honeymoon planning isn’t all clashing with wedding planning ☺️
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’re having a mini moon - a couple of nights in the UK just us after the wedding and then the honeymoon is November (wedding in June) - we wanted to a) get away when the weather is rubbish in the uk (and a good time of year to visit our honeymoon destination) and b) have something to look forward to. I think I’ll have a bit of a crash after the excitement of the wedding and have a gap until the honeymoon will be best for me rather than having it straight after and coming home with no excitement in the diary (and having used all our annual leave!)
  • L
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! Think having our honey moon a few weeks/month later will work out great

Xxx
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2022 Gloucestershire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a July 2022 bride but also had the same issue as I’m a teacher! I’m getting married on the weekend, then I have one week of school and then it’s the summer holidays and we honeymoon at the start of August. It’s not ideal, but I’m hoping that we have a really lovely weekend together with friends and family, then the last week of school is usually fairly relaxed! It’s also not confirmed but my school have said that I can potentially take some time off Friday/Monday to help with everything. But I teach a lot of exam classes who would have already left by that point so I’m lucky. Just think of the positives to have some wind down time before looking forward to your honeymoon - spreading out the fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics