Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

summer_sparkles
Beginner August 2009

What are you doing to keep the kids entertained at your wedding?

summer_sparkles, 13 of May of 2009 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 16

We've got potentially seven kids and a baby coming, I'm just waiting on RSVPs. I do worry about them being nosy in the ceremony or speeches but I also want them to have a good time.

I spotted these:

/gifts/something-to-keep-you-happy-wedding-book.htm?

But it might be a bit expensive...so what are doing to keep them entertained?

Thanks! SS

16 replies

Latest activity by moomin8804, 22 of June of 2009 at 13:22
  • F
    Beginner June 2009
    Fiona&Paul ·
    • Hide content

We have 21 kids coming to our wedding - our contact at the hotel that is hosting the ceremony and reception thinks we are crazy, but we would not have it any other way.

We have put together party packs for them including bubbles to use instead of confetti after the ceremony, puzzles to play with at the dinner table, disposable camera for a photo treasure hunt after the wedding breakfast, and glow-in-the-dark bracelets for the evening disco.

If that fails to keep them entertained then we'll go back to the old-fashioned method of threats and bribes !! ?

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Thats quite a large age group 3 -12, i can't imagine anything that would entertain my 3 yr old that my 12 year old would be interested in, so wonder how much is relevant to each age, if that makes sense, in which case you could be spending loads on something that only has a few pages in thats relevant. Might be worth just getting one and having a look first.

we put together gift bags, with colouring books, crayons, puzzles, little cars and bracelets. We also had an activity/craft table with lots of paper, coloured card, crayons, and loads of stickers, etc kept the kids quiet all though the speeches!

hth

Em x

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Hence why when I DJ at a wedding I offer children's entertainment for an hour before the party gets in full swing (which includes dances and games), and also balloon modelling at other times. By 6 or 7 O'clock the children have usually exhausted their party bags and adults are wanting to relax after the meal and chat. I've had some fantastic comments and testimonials.

Party bags with activites such as colouring books works well.....but only for short periods of time.

When I do background music during the wedding breakfast, I often amuse the children with balloon models,....and other quiet table games to prevent the usual manic running around and driving everyone nuts!

I'm not the only DJ that offers this services, I know a lot of the WDJA members also do it. It would be worth asking your DJ what they could offer. I myself don't charge any extra for including it in. As I see it if I'm there anyway playing background music I might as well be doing something useful.

• littlebubs
    littlebubs ·
    • Hide content

We had a table with some colouring pencils and paper, a few penny sweets in bowls etc. nothing fancy. The kids had a fabulous time just running about in the grounds, we didn't have to do anything really specific for them.

• CountDuckula
    Beginner August 2009
    CountDuckula ·
    • Hide content

Nothing, that's the parents problem ? You can tell I'm all heart!
    We've only got three kids coming, 2 x 3 yr olds and an almost 5 year old so it shouldn't be too chaotic. I'll put a goody bag with pads and pencils and other assorted tat in on the table for them as I really don't want them kicking up during the meal and speeches, that should keep them occupied.

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Were just be supplying pens and colouring backs.

To be honest every time ive been to a wedding the kids have been having a wonderful time just running around with the other kids and dancing on the dance floor!

I dont think you really need any specific entertainment for them

• alex86
    Beginner June 2011
    alex86 ·
    • Hide content

A bouncy castle - but it's really more to keep the groom & other big kids amused!

• KB3
    Beginner
    KB3 ·
    • Hide content

We had two bouncy castles, a magician and gave them all a bag with colouring book & pens, a quiz, a camera and some sweets.

• M
    Beginner May 2009
    MRS BREWER 2B ·
    • Hide content

We have made party bags up for ours to try and entertain them for a little while, with glow sticks, colouring in books, bubbles, games, sweets and jewelry making kits, im sure there is more stuff but cant remember off the top of my head.I have loads left over bits and pieces that i was going to sell after our wedding next week, but can sell earlier if needed, if you want anything just let me know and i can sort out what i have!

• R
    Beginner August 2009
    Royalty ·
    • Hide content

We are hiring a nanny and have booked a room at the venue to use as a creche so she can keep them entertained! There is only 4 of them.

x

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

We have a two year old, a seven year old and 2 ten year olds. We have a cartoonist and a magician but they weren't booked with kids in mind. I'll do a goody bag for them but suit it to each one as there aren't many of them.

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

We have 6 children coming to our wedding. Have a look at www.eventsmiles.co.uk we are getting one for each child.

• scotlady101
    Beginner
    scotlady101 ·
    • Hide content

I bought disposable camera's and made up a card for each child with a list of pictures that I wanted them to take. I got the idea of here when we were planning last year.

Thing's like, nicest shoes, biggest hat, people kissing, ring's, smartest dressed person, people smiling etc. We said at the bottom of the card there would be a prize for the best pictures. We got some good pics from it and it kept them busy. They all had good fun doing it to. Age range at our wedding was aged 5 - 14 and they all took part!

HTH

E x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea!

• scotlady101
    Beginner
    scotlady101 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - ? lol

E

• M
    Beginner July 2009
    macey ·
    • Hide content

I have thought of getting some fun but inexpensive gifts for the little men and women attending the wedding from Think Pink Blue 2. They have a good range of cheap gifts for both boys and girls. Like printing sticks, musical yo yo, musical skipping rope, ice cream cone bubbles, bouncing ponies power balls for girls and secret spy listeners, dancing robots, space yo yo, blue robot bubbles, blue spinning top, massive bubble waving for boys.

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

We've also put some activity bags together with stuff like bubbles, clouring sets, yo yo's mini puzzles in them! We're also having giant garden games like naughts and crosses, twister and connect 4, but i think the adults might be more interested in the giant games! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics