Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2013_Bride_
Beginner August 2013

What are you looking forward to about being married? :)

2013_Bride_, 9 of May of 2013 at 19:50 Posted on Planning 0 34

I cannot wait to call OH my HUSBAND and have that married status!!! Smiley laugh

Plus I can't wait for our spare cash to not be spent on the wedding and to be able to start spending it elsewhere!

What are you looking forward to about being married?

34 replies

Latest activity by Amaranth, 10 of May of 2013 at 15:35
  • Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Having the same surname as someone else in the house!!!! For some reason it totally baffles schools/nurseries/doctors etc when I'm not Mrs X the same as my eldest two children or Mrs Y the same as OH and youngest child.... and then they give me "the look"

oh that.... and obviously the life time commitment between H2B and myself.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

The name 'Christmas.' Oh, and British citizenship ?

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Frogface ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, I am horrendously jealous that you are going to be Mrs Christmas!!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Also can't wait to call my OH husband!!! And to see us both with rings I think will be nice!!! Not sure about the surname bit yet...not sure if I'm going to take it - I would if I was Mrs Christmas though!!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Same as most of you, having the same name as the OH & our Daughter & calling him my Husband mainly.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Saying my husband and buying husband cards - I'll be celebrating every single money making made up celebration next year ha.

Cant wait to see my married name on things like bank cards & passports.

• chocolategirl
    Beginner August 2013
    chocolategirl ·
    • Hide content

Children...hopefully!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

To not have to be planning or saving for a wedding anymore!!!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, surprised I didn't think of this one!

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

The honeymoon ?

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. And also being a Mrs, not having to refer to fiancé as my 'partner' and a shiny wedding ring of course!

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and being able to change my signature to something easier!!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Definitely being able to say my 'husband' and knowing there's a better choice of cards! Also, as everyone calls me by what will be my married name at my daughters school, it will be nice to actually respond comfortably to it.... Although I think it will take a bit of getting used to! Looking forward to signing my new name, but I need to practise my signature! And, most of all, I'm really looking forward to simply knowing we have made that lifelong commitment to eachother :0)

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Cheaper car insurance !! ?

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to calling him "my husband", instead of "other half" or "boyfriend" - I find fiancé a bit of a weird word to describe a man, it sounds slightly feminine and I always feel awkward calling him it, but then boyfriend doesn't show the level of commitment we have.

I'm also looking forward to officially being part of his family and he as part of mine, and most importantly I can't wait to be "Mrs. Jones" ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's much easier to tell over eager would be suitors on a night out 'ah sorry I'm married' rather than 'sorry I don't fancy you, please leave me alone.'

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Having a husband and not a 'partner' or 'other half'.

Being able to save for a deposit on our next house instead of thinking about the wedding.

Having a name like a Greek oligarch is the biggest one for me!

Admittedly, we'll be going straight from wedding planning to baby making (hopefully!).

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol yes i have this problem all the time *sniggers*

Ahem ok, looking foreward to:

• having a "husband" being able to say, "I will have to speak to my husband"
    • Having the same name as my children
    • Him being entitled to all of our household furniture etc (its mine originally and therefore as unmarried my mothers if i die, morbid sorry)
    • Having an anniversary that other people will recognize as being an important date.
    • Knowing that hes made that commitment of his own volition to be with me.

x

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

I just can't wait to be Husband and Wife, boyfriend doesn't do him justice as he is more than that to me so I can't wait for him to be my Husband and to be his wife.

I have noticed with married friends they really become a team and stick together even more than before, I am looking forward to being even more united together, especially when bringing up kids.

We decided we would have kids after we marry so I am really looking forward to that and it's nice to see him getting excited about it too. I know it goes without saying there are hard times in marriage but these are the main parts I am looking forward to :-)

Just can't wait to declare to the world (ok, our family and friends) our love for each other and our intention to stay together for all our lives. We have been saying it for years anyway but it 's nice to declare it formally.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!! I think it's what we're both looking forward to most; is that wrong?! ?

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this! I always say 'fiance' in a high pitched, 'Oooh, Madame!' kind of voice. It ain't right. I tend to stick with 'other half'.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Being able to call him my husband. He's too old to be a boyfriend, and I don't like fiancé! So Man Friend it remains!

Also being able to say to his daughter "I'm your evil stepmother, now scrub the floors" etc. ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

For me, it was having God's blessing on our relationship.

(I didn't change my name/status/ living arrangements (we still don't officially live together) or anything else, so it was all about the spiritual aspect of marriage for us.)

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Not feeling so stressed for a start!

Apart from that I'm not sure if anything else will change (other then him being my husband and me changing my surname) I'm not sure if it will 'feel' different to be married.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha this is very true! Depending on how loud the bar is/how persistent they are, shoving your left hand in their face works, too.

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    friedgreentomatoes ·
    • Hide content

I can't wait to call my fiance my husband, and to have a MASSIVE party with all of my friends and family! It's very rare to get absolutely everybody you love together in the same room, at the same time and I'm so excited about seeing everyone! Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was one of my favourite aspects of the day. I remember looking around during the reception and thinking (almost) everyone I love is here, in the same place. Was a great feeling.

The couple of people that couldn't be there sent messages to be read out during the speeches. Sobbed like a baby, I did.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww get you pretty ladies still getting chatted up!

1. I'm rarely out in a bar were eager would be suitors would be
    2. I've not been chatted up for years.
    3. The last man who chatted me up was blind. Yes - an actual blind man.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

?

Ha, ATB! A very intelligent blind man he must have been, then.

I don't get chatted up by the fit ones anymore. More's the pity.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! Though, I really want to start saving again.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Joking aside it was quite amazing how perceptive he was, knew when I'd had a bad day etc. before I'd even spoken. MF knew I'd been crying the other night and never even bothered asking what was wrong!

If blind man had had a dog - he may have been in with a shout!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's ace, ATB, I would take it as a wonderful compliment - you probably smell amazing! ?

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content

Living in the same country!

There's other, more minor, bits. Saving a fortune on flying back and forth; even with discounts from her sister working for an airline, it costs a fortune when we try not to go more than 6 weeks without seeing one another, and it means a lot of just-under-2-day visits here and there. The money we save is going straight into the fertility assistance fund; having babies is a thing I'm really looking forward to. But the only bit of it that really matters is actually getting to wake up in the same bed as her every day until we die in a skydiving accident at 87. The rest of it is just... stuff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics