Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Monmouthshire

What are you main challenges with wedding planning?

Eleanor, 11 of July of 2023 at 17:21 Posted on Planning 1 15

Hi All, I'm wondering what are you having trouble with the most on your current wedding planning journey- money, family, suppliers? Smiley xd

What are you trying that's worked/ not worked out so far?

15 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 26 of July of 2023 at 22:56
  • K
    Savvy August 2023 Co Londonderry
    Katherine ·
    • Hide content

For me so far, the actual wedding planning stuff has been ok. we are 4.5 weeks out from our big day though so that may change in the run up lol.

I did have a moment last week when I started to make lists of things to be done the final week and got a little overwhelmed. I just set all aside and gave it a break for a few days.

My biggest headache has been my mother. Ive made it a point not to give too much away and what little has been shared she has had issues with. And future mil has started whinging about there not being any mass booklets for the ceremony. Thats fh fault for blabbing all about our meeting with priest. Cant hold his own piss.

So from that view, I will be glad to get the day over me and be done with planning.

• Rachael
    Beginner December 2023 Tyne & Wear
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    For me it’s family and the guest list!
    Some family members from both our families don’t get on which makes things awkward and I don’t want any bad atmospheres on our day, and the guest list is stressing me out.
    We’ve already sent our invites out but have certain family members who are pushing for others to be invited who we don’t even want there. I don’t talk about the wedding as much so I can avoid the conversation which is sad as I love talking about it.
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Guest lists are hard, and you'll never please everyone so there has to be a point where you feel you have everyone coming that you want to be there and that's that - prices per head are too high to be inviting people out of social etiquette or pressure. Similar to you Katherine, everything was going quite smoothly for me and then a month before there was suddenly a lot to do again and payment dates approaching and I felt quite overwhelmed, but it passed! I try to focus on the opportunity to celebrate with my friends and family, and being able to marry my fiancé as that's what really matters and all the planning will be in the past and won't last beyond the day.
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

We got married 2 weeks ago. Guest list was definitely the most most difficult thing. People thinking that it was up to them to decide who should be invited. Guests dropping out last minute. (luckily it was only just one couple).

• A
    California
    Adelina ·
    • Hide content

Definitely the guest list, especially if you have a big family. Planning is manageable, but when opinions from family members come in, it's chaos. Then there's the family dynamic that add a dash of drama to the mix. Smiley ups

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes!

"But you have to invite great aunt Catherine's second cousin - she'll be so disappointed if she doesn't get an invitation and she did meet you once when you were 6 months old"

"You have to invite Jane and her husband and six children because Jane invited you to her wedding 15 years ago. Yes, I know she had 350 guests and you're only having 30, but you still can't leave her out."

And of course, the classic pairing of:

"I'm not coming unless Robert is invited."

and

"If Robert is invited, then I'm not coming."

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

• Kate
    Beginner April 2025 Hertfordshire
    Kate ·
    • Hide content

We're not getting married til April 2025, but we are aiming to get our major suppliers in place this year before they get booked up!

I'm trying to go on recommendations where I can, but what I'm finding challenging is understanding what we're getting for our money and the wildly different prices suppliers charge. It all seems a bit of a minefield, but we're working our way through it Smiley smile

• Laura
    Curious November 2023 Warwickshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    The worst bit I’m having so people not RSVPing, and the table plan. Obviously finding the pennies to pay for it all goes without saying x
  • Kirsty
    Curious July 2024 West Midlands
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

For me, the most stressful thing so far has been trying to sort the table plan. Numbers not working out, I can't sit person X with person Y. It's very annoying!!

I'm sure once our invites have gone out, it will be stressful waiting for people to RSVP too.

The actual planning of the wedding, booking of suppliers etc I have found a breeze (probably because I booked them so far in advance lol) xxx

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't worry about the table plan until you have all your RSVPs back - you may find that enough people can't come that your table plan issues are resolved!

• Sophia
    Beginner May 2025 Surrey
    Sophia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Having the same issue - and that’s just for our engagement party! SO much pressure from both sides of our family to invite great aunt Susan from three generations second cousin once removed… utterly ridiculous. I said “ok, as long as you’re paying for them”. That shut them up!
  • Laura
    Curious November 2023 Warwickshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    My worst part so far is having a lot of guests not being able to go and the table plan x
  • Dawn
    Beginner September 2024 Northumberland
    Dawn ·
    • Hide content

Only just started planning mine for next year and I've already had the "Why aren't you inviting so and so" or "You can't invite them because I don't like them". I half expected this to happen so I was ready to fight back with "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that we were planning your wedding".

Needless to say its been quiet on that front (for now).

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Good evening!

I think this question all depends on what type of person you are.Personally, I’m not an organised individual. I panic and race to get things sorted and done and then once I have my dopamine hit, I’m bored again.
    The hardest part I found was getting quotes and searching for suppliers. It felt pressured. But once you have your big things sorted, it’s quite relaxed 😎
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Another thing I’ll add - family!

However you think they should / might act and what your expectations will be .. lower them. Not everybody is jumping up and down with joy and excitement for you as you may think they would / wish for! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics